Home

FIFA 14 Videos - Off-Camera Gameplay (Xbox One, PS4)

This is a discussion on FIFA 14 Videos - Off-Camera Gameplay (Xbox One, PS4) within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-20-2013, 10:20 AM   #1
EA Game Changer

OVR: 28
FIFA 14 Videos - Off-Camera Gameplay (Xbox One, PS4)

IGN has captured two FIFA 14 off-camera videos from the Xbox One and PS4 version of the game. What are your thoughts?
Platform: PS4 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2013, 10:38 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: FIFA 14 - X1/PS4 Off-Camera Gameplay

Pretty for sure. Gameplay (player positioning, behavior and reactions) along with most animations all look pretty much identical to current-gen though. Guess they plan on keeping the EA-style FIFA gameplay that gamers gobble up by the millions of units worldwide. And who can blame EA for that?
Old 09-20-2013, 10:44 AM   #3
Efficiency = Joy

NaturalSelected's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeats
Pretty for sure. Gameplay (player positioning, behavior and reactions) along with most animations all look pretty much identical to current-gen though. Guess they plan on keeping the EA-style FIFA gameplay that gamers gobble up by the millions of units worldwide. And who can blame EA for that?
Can't disagree with you. I never expected drastic changes in FIFA 14 on next gen. But I am looking forward to speedier menus, simulations and the like, just based on horsepower.
Boston Celtics
Old 09-20-2013, 10:57 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaturalSelected
But I am looking forward to speedier menus, simulations and the like, just based on horsepower.
Yup, like riding in a souped-up version of one's car I suppose. Comfortably familiar yet thrilling all at the same time.
Old 09-20-2013, 11:02 AM   #5
EA Game Changer

OVR: 28

What do you guys think of the graphics? I have not played much of the FIFA series so I am curious about what the hardcore fans think.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2013, 11:09 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 8

Might just be me but I liked how the computer version of Barcelona was making quicker passing decisions and at times pinging the ball around. Not perfect, still noticed to many 7 touch possessions from fullbacks going one on one but it seemed better than what we are getting now on current gen.
Old 09-20-2013, 11:10 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin26385
What do you guys think of the graphics? I have not played much of the FIFA series so I am curious about what the hardcore fans think.
They look a little better but not an extreme change. I was underwhelmed by the crowds which they were hyping up. The grass looks nice. I know they made an effort to touch that up a couple years ago but maybe the processing power hasnt been there to make a difference until now.
Old 09-20-2013, 11:14 AM   #8
MVP

Dogslax41's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin26385
Hard to tell from the distance, but it looks cleaner. Not immediately noticable compared to current gen but it looks like all the edges have been cleaned up.

I wasn't expecting a graphical revolution, but was expecting much more from them in the player movement, foot plant and momentum aspects. Based on these videos I am going to switch my pre-order over to AC4 and wait a bit after release to see how the game plays out because right now it looks too much like current gen. Definately not a day one buy for me anymore and has me rethinking Madden as well if FIFA was the peg that EA was hanging their next gen hat on at launch.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »