Home

NBA 2K14 Videos - Gameplay Videos, Editing MyPlayer, Season Simulation Results

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 Videos - Gameplay Videos, Editing MyPlayer, Season Simulation Results within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-24-2013, 07:56 AM   #2
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: NBA 2k14 Gameplay

First, good find. Second, I watched the Bulls Vs. Heat video, and i'm VERY impressed with the computer AI from that video. I had my doubts about if the AI would be improved this year, it seems to be.

Also, the defense in the paint as a whole is just fantastic. No more automatic dunks and layups for the AI, saw a few timely placed blocks in there. Can't wait to pick this game up on the first to hold me out for next gen in November!
Old 09-24-2013, 07:58 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

I may be trippin but it looks and play da same,except for da def in da paint "looks nice" and just added blocks...
Same player mod's, same accessories, same off colors "Knicks Blue looks horrible" same everything...

WHERE IS DA INJURIES??????? Havent seen one in 3 yrs

Last edited by prime_clutch; 09-24-2013 at 08:01 AM.
Old 09-24-2013, 08:05 AM   #4
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by prime_clutch
I may be trippin but it looks and play da same,except for da def in da paint "looks nice" and just added blocks...
Same player mod's, same accessories, same off colors "Knicks Blue looks horrible" same everything...

WHERE IS DA INJURIES??????? Havent seen one in 3 yrs
Of course it looks the same, they've reached their limits on what they can do with the current gen systems.

You can't say it plays the same, when you haven't even played it yet.

Player models go back to the engine, it's not changing.

They've never been great with accessories, Thank god we have good roster makers on here. Same with the injuries, they just don't know how to implement them correctly in game.

It is what it is at this point. Either you can accept that fact and be happy with the improved defense, passing, blocks, speed differential between faster players, etc. Or just keep being disjointed that they don't do a massive overhaul of the game every year. Especially this year with next gen coming out in a month and a half.
Old 09-24-2013, 08:11 AM   #5
Plata o Plomo

iLLosophy's Arena

Starting to think the blocking is just as bad as in 2k12 when the ball would just randomly fall out of people's hands because it brushed up against someone's eyelash.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2013, 08:22 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

I feel like they could have at least done something to make it look different than 2K13. Tweak the lighting or change the color palate a bit. If it weren't for the goofy 2K14 watermark, most people would probably just mistake this for 2K13.

Gameplay-wise it looks fine, but I just can't mount up any excitement.
Old 09-24-2013, 08:28 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

sheesh, the game looks great. especially interior defense and man to man. The defense by the A.I. seemed to lure the guy playing into shooting all threes b/c he knew he couldnt get free for a mid range jumper by moving side to side(like 2k13) and everytime he drove it to the hoop it was a block or a missed shot(besides the rose floater). Not many fouls though. Teams like bulls and pacers are going to have to be strategically beaten this year
Old 09-24-2013, 08:30 AM   #8
Pro

sactown_13's Arena

OVR: 10

any idea what the settings were on? I hope that wasnt superstar sim. During Clips-Knicks game he reached the whole time and didnt get any fouls called for it. Still hoping for a video of a solid player before release. Three pointers and dunk attempts was all he attempted.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »