Home

NBA 2K14 Videos - Gameplay Videos, Editing MyPlayer, Season Simulation Results

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 Videos - Gameplay Videos, Editing MyPlayer, Season Simulation Results within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-24-2013, 08:31 AM   #9
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: NBA 2k14 Gameplay

Thanks for the find OP!
  • Loving the contact in the paint.
  • The CPU AI looks real good, looked like they added more D. Rose sig layups or they are working correctly this year.
  • I really liked how Chicago's offense was struggling when D. Rose went to the bench and the user was still trying to iso players that don't really iso much. Looks like you need to run plays to be more successful
  • Really like the speed difference noticed with Rose and Westbrook in this video and the stream yesterday
Old 09-24-2013, 08:34 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 12

Heat vs Bulls video is absolutely awful. Nearly every possession you can count one or two ugly things happening. I hate the way players crossover (w/ the LS) when they're bringing the ball up. Looks so unrealistic. Passing in and out of the paint is way too easy. I'm hoping this was on an easier level. Blocked standing dunk @5:50! AI moronic moment of the game: Dwayne Wade using his left hand to finish in traffic, leading to him getting blocked, instead of using his right hand where there was nothing but open space that he could have even dunked it.

Knicks vs Clippers: must the players have to do an over-elaborate 1 foot pass to their PG? Why can't they just dump it off, or just bounce it in front of their PG. Why must they jump and spin in the air whilst doing a no-look? It looks RIDICULOUS. The AI is so stupid. How is Bargnani going to do a spin dribble in the paint?

Last edited by Optik; 09-24-2013 at 08:45 AM.
Old 09-24-2013, 08:44 AM   #11
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

The Miami game that guy needs to learn how to stay in front of his man and to lay off the triangle button and start using the R stick hands up defense. He kept switching defenders....I'm guessing he's anticipating a pass so he can intercept?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2013, 08:49 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 0

I would like to see a video of someone who can actually play the game, running plays, etc. to see how the CPU (both teammates and opposing team) reacts and goes along.
Up until now, I've seen none of that, and I can't decide if I'm buying this game or not.
it's not worthy if it's just the same as 2K13
Old 09-24-2013, 08:55 AM   #13
MVP

PTG Gameplay Spurs vs Heat: Problem is there just aren't enough basic passing animations in the game, or the game chooses the wrong ones to do; whether it's Danny Green just throwing one handed Brady passes to Tony Parker who's running in to traffic and heading out of bounds OR the big men who've just grabbed a defensive rebound, thinking it's beneath them to throw a simple two handed chest/overhead pass to their PG, throwing one handed post-entry passes to Parker. It's aesthetically terrible, and isn't good for gameplay.

EDIT: Oh my. I've just seen LeBron lead two consecutive 3-on-2 fastbreaks and in both of them he makes a little jumpstop and then triggers the ever-present one handed post-entry to dump it off to the player who finishes (or doesn't finish) the break. Why are players incapable of making two handed chest-passes outside of swing it around the 3 point line?

EDIT 2: Ugh....Signature Skill Cheese is in full effect...SMH.

EDIT 3: About half of these passes should be going out of bounds. Sorry, you just can't jump and do a 180 spin and zip a full court pass to someone being guarded on the wing. It just doesn't happen. Passing accuracy must be dropped a ton.

Last edited by Optik; 09-24-2013 at 09:31 AM.
Old 09-24-2013, 09:00 AM   #14
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

Flashy passes already got old to me aswell as scrubs playing the game. I'am done watching theses random gameplays. I'll make a decision on wether I'll get the game or not (definately leaning towards getting it) but I must admit I'am underwhelmed.
Old 09-24-2013, 09:08 AM   #15
Pro

Well the off the ball movement definitely looks more coordinated and quick. That should make a pretty substantial difference to the way you can run an offense. The cuts look sharper and quicker.

Obviously graphically it looks underwhelming but I think absolutely everyone has Next Gen on the mind when looking at the visuals. I noticed certain animations that seemed to imply tighter control, when making changes of direction.

Jump shots look sort of weird, It's hard to tell if its user timing issues or what but they look like the releases are too quick. I notice a hitch in a lot of them so it seems like the user is holding the release too long. Hopefully that's what it is.

Overall it does look a little more smooth and quicker. That quickness sort of makes certain animations look awkward though, might need to play with the game speed settings a bit.

One thing that definitely stands out in all the videos we've seen so far is the increased speed of passing, I can't begin to express how exciting that is. Passing has been slow and laggy for years now so that's a great sign.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2013, 09:24 AM   #16
Banned

OVR: 0

Overall impressive considering i understand the limits have been reached for Current-Gen consoles. There will always be gripes within the game but consumers except way too much for a year-to-year release. With that said i am expecting a big jump for Next-Gen!

One thing that is troubling is that Lebron is only 7000 VC on MyTeam!!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »