Home

NBA 2K14 Video - Detroit Pistons vs. Washington Wizards

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 Video - Detroit Pistons vs. Washington Wizards within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-25-2013, 09:32 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 15
Re: NBA 2K14 Video - Detroit Pistons vs. Washington Wizards

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidTheGreat20
Lol I thought of that too. He has to be wearing a red sleeve!
I'm just glad it's not the Adidas sleeves anymore

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Old 09-25-2013, 11:44 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0

Those happy 3s drive me crazy, the guy keep jacking up 3s and getting rewarded for that
Old 09-26-2013, 12:22 AM   #19
Rookie

I'm soo glad I'm passing on NBA 2k14 for current gen. They didn't seem to do much according to this video. The offensive and defensive AI has been tweaked slightly from 2k13, The thing that sticks out like a thorn in my is no nba play results in the pg just standing there for a few seconds with hardly no movement from the other teammates. There is always some type of motion. Here is my rundown of negative things I see in the video.

1. The pre game hand shaking is only being done by the star player. In the video between LA and NY every players was giving hand shakes.
2. @1:58 brandon jennings does a double move cut from a stand still position. Where do they do that at?
3. A couple seconds after the hand off J smoove and Jennings seem to get hung up with each other. There seems to still be pathing issues smh.
4. There are recycled steal animations which show that the players are still not trying to track the ball as it is being passed.
5. players still passing the ball when they are wide open
6. @3:21 The player switched off of john wall and the cpu stood back on defense which led to an alley oop to drummond. The cpu switching has not changed much
7. @ 3:23 That god awful air bump is still in the game.
8. @3:50 John wall does a hop step, bumps into the defender but only his animation changes.
9. The CPU wasted a full 24 second shot clock after Wall tipped the ball away and just shot the ball while everybody else was just standing around. On top of that they got the offensive rebound because NOBODY boxed out
10. John wall shook jennings but he didn't react to it until after he sprinted to the lane.........smh.

There is much more in this video I didn't like for this version to be a big improvement from last year to warrant a purchase. And people can say that they 2k is waiting for next gen to implement big changes. My question to you is why the hell would you purchase a game that is a very slight improvement if a bigger improvement is coming a month away from now?
Old 09-26-2013, 03:48 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_m0n3y
My question to you is why the hell would you purchase a game that is a very slight improvement if a bigger improvement is coming a month away from now?
Ummm... Maybe because we don't all have hundreds of dollars (in Australia, $550 for ps4, approx $100 for the game) spare to buy next gen immediately? I'm also going to take note if your name and check back just after next gen launch. I predict you'll be writing something along the lines of "This game sucks. It doesn't look EXACTLY like the TNT broadcast, so I'm not satisfied. Lift your game 2K!!!"
Old 09-26-2013, 06:26 AM   #21
MVP

Melbournelad's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvpdirk
Ummm... Maybe because we don't all have hundreds of dollars (in Australia, $550 for ps4, approx $100 for the game) spare to buy next gen immediately? I'm also going to take note if your name and check back just after next gen launch. I predict you'll be writing something along the lines of "This game sucks. It doesn't look EXACTLY like the TNT broadcast, so I'm not satisfied. Lift your game 2K!!!"
Yeah it is pretty ridiculous how expensive our games are. $100 for every new release yet in the US it is about $60? Even though our currency's are very similair in value.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2013, 07:01 AM   #22
Rookie

L_Diddy's Arena

Certainly does suck! But we do have higher wages along with other things which makes it more expensive for us. Gonna stock up on games for cheaper when I go at the end of the year haha
Old 09-26-2013, 08:04 AM   #23
Rookie

I shouldn't complain too much. I work at JB Hifi so I get things a little cheaper. Although the prices are so close to cost with consoles and games it doesn't change too much.
Old 09-26-2013, 08:30 AM   #24
Rookie

I won't beat a dead horse regarding how this game is truly a repackaging of 2K13 with very slight tweaks but I will say that (and this is nitpicking) it bothers me how little attention go into signature shots and animations. In this video, Washington's franchise player, John Wall, got his signature shot that was present in 2K13 TAKEN AWAY and seemingly replaced with Jamal Crawford's sig shot animation. Why?

Now, it's not like Wall's sig shot in 2K13 was spot-on or anything but at least it was an attempt at realism.

EDIT: I will give them kudos for LeBron, though. I guess that was a mo-cap session they did with him because his shot, moves and mannerisms are all absolutely spot-on.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »