Home

NBA 2K14 Video - Detroit Pistons vs. Washington Wizards

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 Video - Detroit Pistons vs. Washington Wizards within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-26-2013, 08:46 AM   #25
Just some dude...

BobbyColtrane's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: NBA 2K14 Video - Detroit Pistons vs. Washington Wizards

I'm in the minority here but I'm excited for the game. The new blocking system and contact in the paint looks awesome. I can't wait to get my drive and kick game going.

If the PS4 version is that much better I'll wind up buying that too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2013, 10:41 AM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melbournelad
Yeah it is pretty ridiculous how expensive our games are. $100 for every new release yet in the US it is about $60? Even though our currency's are very similair in value.
isn't Australia's minimum wage 16 dollars? sorta evens out no?
Old 09-26-2013, 11:13 AM   #27
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by miller31time
it bothers me how little attention go into signature shots and animations. In this video, Washington's franchise player, John Wall, got his signature shot that was present in 2K13 TAKEN AWAY and seemingly replaced with Jamal Crawford's sig shot animation. Why?

Now, it's not like Wall's sig shot in 2K13 was spot-on or anything but at least it was an attempt at realism.
They do some odd things with sig shots...like changing perfect sig shots for no apparent reason...Jason Terry's perfect sig shot from 2k7 has yet to return...and it was about as spot on as you can get...

I don't agree that they give it little attention through, I still think they're the best in he business as far as signature styles...and they give us they chance to tweak what we want to change (although online gamers are SOL unfortunately)

I did see some improvements this year though..Durant's shot looks great, Perkins shot was a nice addition, Bron as you mention, and it seems like they FINALLY got Garnett a decent looking shot...
Old 09-26-2013, 12:31 PM   #28
MVP

Melbournelad's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shosho
isn't Australia's minimum wage 16 dollars? sorta evens out no?
It only evens out for those on minimum wage. If you're earning say, $90,000, that doesn't apply at all.
Old 09-26-2013, 01:18 PM   #29
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
and it seems like they FINALLY got Garnett a decent looking shot...
Hey where have you seen him take a jumper? Do you recall? I've rewatched the Bulls/Brooklyn gameplay and I've only seen him take two free throws. Not sure if they where different from before though.
Old 09-26-2013, 01:29 PM   #30
Banned

DukeC's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
They do some odd things with sig shots...like changing perfect sig shots for no apparent reason...Jason Terry's perfect sig shot from 2k7 has yet to return...and it was about as spot on as you can get...

I don't agree that they give it little attention through, I still think they're the best in he business as far as signature styles...and they give us they chance to tweak what we want to change (although online gamers are SOL unfortunately)

I did see some improvements this year though..Durant's shot looks great, Perkins shot was a nice addition, Bron as you mention, and it seems like they FINALLY got Garnett a decent looking shot...
I don't know. I know they browse the forums and I know they have to see the sig shot thread we put up every year.

I wish they would have mo-capped Steph Curry's shot. It still looks terrible. Same goes for Wade. His sig shot is terrible as well. And if they didn't do anything to Paul George's shot and kept it the same as last year I'm going to be very dissapointed .
Old 09-26-2013, 02:56 PM   #31
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeC
I don't know. I know they browse the forums and I know they have to see the sig shot thread we put up every year.

I wish they would have mo-capped Steph Curry's shot. It still looks terrible. Same goes for Wade. His sig shot is terrible as well. And if they didn't do anything to Paul George's shot and kept it the same as last year I'm going to be very dissapointed .
Yes. They gave Curry a new shot and it still doesn't look anything like his real one. He's local to 2k, and if he didn't want to come in for a mocap session, there are about 500 YouTube videos dissecting his shot form, including one with all 272 3 pointers he made this season. I also studied the hell out of his shot in order to improve my own. It's not that difficult a shot to get right. Come on 2K.

Thompson's looks solid though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2013, 03:35 PM   #32
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeC

Yeah, they def aren't batting .1000....but I still think they do a great job overall...Wades shot was spot on in 2k8 IMO... It's been iffy since then....I think the problem with players like Curry, Pierce etc. is that their shots look different depending on the situation..I liked the idea of Pierce having a set and jump shot like in 2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
Hey where have you seen him take a jumper? Do you recall? I've rewatched the Bulls/Brooklyn gameplay and I've only seen him take two free throws. Not sure if they where different from before though.
I'm pretty sure it was in that same BK video

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »