Home

NBA 2K14 Review (360/PS3)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 Review (360/PS3) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2013, 11:23 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 2
Re: NBA 2K14 Review (360/PS3)

Do they actually say your name when you get drafted in My Career? One of the things that completely ruins immersion is when you're picked and instead of your name, hearing "the XX year old POSITION from COLLEGE."
Old 10-01-2013, 11:44 AM   #10
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

I have been sticking with 2K11. Never played 12 or 13. I am glad I waited. This is a good review and it is time to take the plunge and upgrade.

2K14 here I come.

This will feel totally fresh for me and gameplay for me is everything when it comes to Basketball games. I have always been very picky when it comes to the hardwood. Before 2K11, the last B-Ball game I loved with a passion was NBA Live 2005.

So I am really looking forward to sinking my teeth into this title.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 10-01-2013, 12:02 PM   #11
Pro

Panicshade's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by joewink23
I'm going next gen but the $10 upgrade is a steal. I'm buying this with the full intent of trying (wife permitting) to get the PS4 and that version. This is a good hold-over and the upgraded gameplay is likely enough to make it alright to wait for a PS4 to come back into stock because I didn't preorder. I can wait until February or whatever as long as I have me some sweet 2k and GTAV.
I hope you are in Europe because there is no $10 upgrade program for 2K14 on PS4 in the US.

Last edited by Panicshade; 10-01-2013 at 12:04 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2013, 12:23 PM   #12
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron_bato
Fair review, to me gameplay is the most important aspect of nba 2k, but I recognize that a lot of people are also interested in the other game modes which see little to no improvement every year.

I am actually having the opposite experience as you regarding your point of how CPU AI teams play like their real life counterparts. Example, I just played a game (12 minute quarters) against the Mavericks, on superstar-simulation settings, and Monta Ellis, Devin Harris, and Jose Calderon combined to take 60+ shots (Monta had around 34 shot attempts, Devin Harris close to 20, and Calderon somewhere in the 15-17 range) whereas Dirk only had 12 attempts the entire game (game went into overtime) -- Dirk only attempted 2 shots in the first half.

In another game against the lakers, Kobe Bryant must have changed his name to Nick Young because Nick Young led the team in shot attempts. And I thought, okay, maybe just a fluke, but I played against the Lakers again, and Nick Young had 17 attempts by half time. Pau Gasol rarely touched the ball.

I did get the same experience as you though when I faced the Grizzlies. They dumped the ball to Gasol, and their first 12 shots, 6 came from Marc Gasol in the post, and 4 shots came from Z-Bo.

I hope they correct these tendencies in a roster update. Because it has been my main gripe with the game. Otherwise, I think gameplay is the best this generation (obviously aside from my issue with the AI replicating their real life counterparts), and the only thing holding it back is the realism in terms of team/player tendencies which could be a function of the default 2k roster.
Have to a agree that I've experienced this in some cases...it seems hit or miss

I play one game and KD is throwing up shots all game, then the next, Westbrook is the one gunning, but behind him is J Lamb..

I also had a similar experience to yours vs the Mavs...
Old 10-01-2013, 12:44 PM   #13
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Have to a agree that I've experienced this in some cases...it seems hit or miss

I play one game and KD is throwing up shots all game, then the next, Westbrook is the one gunning, but behind him is J Lamb..

I also had a similar experience to yours vs the Mavs...
Hmm...Never played the Mavs so I cant speak to them but I'm not seeing any inconsistencies here. I played the game for almost 2 weeks and this part has been consistent. Every team I've played has given their best players the most touches.
Old 10-01-2013, 12:54 PM   #14
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Hmm...Never played the Mavs so I cant speak to them but I'm not seeing any inconsistencies here. I played the game for almost 2 weeks and this part has been consistent. Every team I've played has given their best players the most touches.
what difficulty level do you play on?
Old 10-01-2013, 12:57 PM   #15
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeGiani
what difficulty level do you play on?
Superstar/11 min/Simulation mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2013, 12:58 PM   #16
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Superstar/11 min/Simulation mode.
Superstar/Sim is definitely the way to go. The game feels great. Don't even think I'm gonna mess with the sliders that much.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »