Home

Lawyers Never Wanted to Sack the EA Sports College Football Series

This is a discussion on Lawyers Never Wanted to Sack the EA Sports College Football Series within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-05-2013, 10:15 AM   #1
The buzz is palpable now!

sportznut02's Arena

OVR: 32
Lawyers Never Wanted to Sack the EA Sports College Football Series

With the EA/CLC settlement completed and many on the EA Sports NCAA team blindsided without a job, the money-grabbing lawyers have finally chimed in with a few things to say.

Quote:
"We would've been happy to have the game go forward. It was never our intent to not have this game [continue]...

"That's not us. We didn't tell them to do that," said Aragon, when asked to comment on EA's cancellation of next year's college football title. "We would be fine if they published a game."

"There's nothing stopping [EA] from making the game, so long as they don't use players' names, images or likenesses. Or [they could] pay the students, which they didn't really agree to..."

Source - Lawyers never intended for EA to stop making NCAA Football games (Polygon)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2013, 10:57 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: Lawyers never intended for EA to stop making NCAA Football games

Bull****. If the defendant lawyers "didn't intend" EA to stop making the game they wouldn't have put it in the lawsuit. Those rat bastards are just trying to play the good guy now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2
Old 10-05-2013, 11:16 AM   #3
MVP

cparrish's Arena

OVR: 20

"There's nothing stopping [EA] from making the game, so long as they don't use players' names, images or likenesses."

Well since EA has never used any players names or images in their games, I am guessing player likeness is the key and to honestly avoid that, I am guessing EA would have to make all the players green, but then we might be getting lawsuits from someone who lives off on another planet.

Xbox 360: BuffEye Rosters
PS3: BuffEyeRosters
Old 10-05-2013, 11:20 AM   #4
Roster Editor

jd@os's Arena

OVR: 21

Yeah, and God never intended for chocolate to make us fat, but hey.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Old 10-05-2013, 11:32 AM   #5
Rookie

Foots's Arena

OVR: 0

I'm pretty sure they intended for EA to continue making the game, so long as someone got paid.

Sent from my Note 2 using Tapatalk Pro
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2013, 12:11 PM   #6
Gatekeeper

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Typical money grab, only the only people who made any money in this fiasco were the lawyers.
Old 10-05-2013, 12:29 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cparrish
"There's nothing stopping [EA] from making the game, so long as they don't use players' names, images or likenesses."

Well since EA has never used any players names or images in their games, I am guessing player likeness is the key and to honestly avoid that, I am guessing EA would have to make all the players green, but then we might be getting lawsuits from someone who lives off on another planet.

Not to mention that conferences, and also a good majority of schools themselves, said they would not allow EA to use their brand.

The best EA could have done was created a generic college football game with generic teams and conferences, and we all know how that would have worked.
Old 10-05-2013, 01:17 PM   #8
Rookie

Foots's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Lawyers Never Wanted to Sack the EA Sports College Football Series

It would be nice if those guys that were fired would take their ideas to another company to develop a fully customizable college football game. Its a possibility as long as there are no player likenesses.

Sent from my Note 2 using Tapatalk Pro

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »