Home

FIFA 14 Title Update #2 Details, Available Now For PC - Later This Week For Consoles

This is a discussion on FIFA 14 Title Update #2 Details, Available Now For PC - Later This Week For Consoles within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-05-2013, 11:24 PM   #1
Rookie

Gnemi's Arena

OVR: 7
FIFA 14 Title Update #2 Details, Available Now For PC - Later This Week For Consoles

EA Sports has released FIFA 14 title update #2 for PC users and plan to have it available for consoles later in the week. Below are some of the details. Click here for more information.
  • Balancing lofted through balls.
  • Balancing attacking headers.
  • Balancing finesse shots.
  • Improved defender switching during crosses.
  • Freezes while making substitutions during gameplay.
  • Freezes while entering and exiting Leaderboards.
  • Improvements made to Dynamic Camera.
  • Corrected crowd sections in Signal Iduna Park.
  • Corrected “Any” and “GK” filters in Pro Clubs.
  • We've responded to the community and upgraded FIFA 14 cover star Stephan El Shaarawy to 4* Skills in Online Seasons, Head to Head, and Career Mode using EA SPORTS Football Club Match Day. Since the FIFA 14 Ultimate Team ratings and database are separate from the Match Day Update, he will be assessed and potentially upgraded in FUT at a later date.
  • We've located some of the issues causing freezing throughout the game, but not all of them.
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3 / PC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2013, 05:08 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: Official word on the patch...

Where´s the "fixed defenders and especially GKs clearing the ball only 5 yards long" ?
That´s propably my biggest gripe with the gameplay as of now ...
Old 10-06-2013, 05:37 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnemi
So, as you can see, EA aren't owning the changes. Whatever ninja edits they made to the physics will remain a secret. Disappointing.

I'm not sure yet what I think of the changes - after two games, I was inclined to say that it felt like a hybrid of FIFA '13 and '14, but I'm disappointed by the murky lack of acknowledgment from EA that they did in fact change gameplay and change it significantly.
This is an interesting dialogue to me as I read one thing here and another there. Did the update in fact change gameplay and player inertia coding to the extent that it's noticeable to this degree? Some say yes and others no.
Old 10-06-2013, 08:21 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 0

i absolutely hated the patch at first glance, but after lots of games and some slider tweaking, for me the game is vastly improved. headers and crosses have a good balance now. you still can score, but it isn't overpowered. they didn't remove inertia, it's just not overdone as it was before. counter attacks play a more interesting role in the game, as now you can take advantage of skilled players and things feel more dynamic, but generally it's still a game of passing and sober build-up. animations look choopy at first, mostly because of the faster pace, but you get used to it. the problem is the game is only playable in slow speed, they really messed up with the pace. overall i like it.
Old 10-06-2013, 09:42 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonira
the problem is the game is only playable in slow speed, they really messed up with the pace. overall i like it.
so they went fifa 13 way right?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2013, 10:39 AM   #6
MVP

lnin0's Arena

OVR: 23

So, if you didn't like 13 but enjoyed the 14 demo and went out and bought it, you got bait and switched and ended up with a copy of 13?

I would like to see some side by side video comparisons.

While the demo is not representative of the final product...shouldn't the release be representative of the final product?

Last edited by lnin0; 10-06-2013 at 10:48 AM.
Old 10-06-2013, 11:24 AM   #7
Rookie

Gnemi's Arena

OVR: 7

In fairness, my experience was far too limited so we should all listen to Gonira as he seems to be the only one on this forum playing the PC version of the game post-patch.

As I mentioned in another thread, my first reaction after the patch was relief. It felt like a proficient and fast dribbler could find space...not necessarily skin his opponent, but find space. Before the patch, I felt like my only option lest I wanted to be dispossessed was to tiki-taka pass the ball instantly like it was a hot potato.

I think what's happened with the rise of Barcelona and Spain's national side is that a lot of football fans think this is how football is prevalently played around the world. That's simply not true. Even Arsenal are not playing their brand of tedious possession football as much this year.

In an ideal setting, FIFA would be enjoyable using possession, counter attacking, or even route one tactics. What it should not do is force one tactic. Where EA get into trouble IMO is by trying to create gameplay and physics that appeal to online and offline players. The online kiddies want their FIFA to look like NBA Jam. We can whine about that all we want, but these kids want their football to be played that way. Period. The offline / career mode players (like most of this forum) don't give a flat $%#@ about online or Ultimate World of Warcraft Team football.

I wish EA would just go back to the years of Simulation or Arcade settings so everybody could be happy.
Old 10-06-2013, 11:30 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

my patience is wearing thin with fifa 14. i did a kickoff match between southampton and west ham, where i was southampton. west ham starts off with the ball and lofts a long ball to carroll for a goal 5 mins into the game. i restarted the match with some small adjustments to see what happens and the same exact thing happens. so, i restart again and make a ton of adjustments, but to no avail as west ham again score within the first 10 minutes of the game. it's like it is programmed to score, no matter what.

after, i played a kickoff match between swansea and southampton, i was swansea. in the box on my end, ashley williams and rickie lambert just run into each other (neither had the ball) and lambert is awarded the penalty. just for running into each other! minutes later, i had bony 1 v 1 with boruc and out of nowhere lovren undercuts bony's legs from under him in the box and no penalty. also, i had dyer (92 pace) with space along the wing and wanyama (75 pace) catches up to him and takes the ball. there was no one in sight and i feel like dyer would have still been able to outrun him with the edge he had and crossed the ball in. finally, i had hernandez (my CPU) making a run to the net and i gave him a lead pass where he easily would have had a scoring chance, but he stopped running when i made the pass. why?! it's really frustrating.

last story, still a kickoff match. i was shakhtar and was taking on tottenham. i was dominating the whole match and i hit the post/crossbar 3 times, but couldn't put one in. around the 70th minute i was one on one along the wing trying to defend lamela. there were two of my defenders 10-15 yards behind me. lamela makes one dribble move to get by me, so i figure i have two defenders for cover. nope. my two defenders who were CPU, where also duped by lamela's dribble move to make for an easy 2 on 1 situation for tottenham. which of course ended up being a goal. i don't understand how they fell for the move when they were pretty far away. they should have easily held their ground.

i'm starting to believe the sentiment that some people on here have mentioned that the CPU is faster than you. i play kickoff matches against the CPU so i can get a feel/the hang of the game before i start a career but i have just come away mad. it feels so cheap. never had this problem in past fifa's. fifa 14 just feels different. i hope the patch helps, but i'm not holding my breath.

*sorry for the long post, just had to vent a little and share my experiences.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »