Home

FIFA 14 Title Update #2 Details, Available Now For PC - Later This Week For Consoles

This is a discussion on FIFA 14 Title Update #2 Details, Available Now For PC - Later This Week For Consoles within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-06-2013, 11:36 AM   #9
All Star

orion523's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Official word on the patch...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnemi
In fairness, my experience was far too limited so we should all listen to Gonira as he seems to be the only one on this forum playing the PC version of the game post-patch.

As I mentioned in another thread, my first reaction after the patch was relief. It felt like a proficient and fast dribbler could find space...not necessarily skin his opponent, but find space. Before the patch, I felt like my only option lest I wanted to be dispossessed was to tiki-taka pass the ball instantly like it was a hot potato.

I think what's happened with the rise of Barcelona and Spain's national side is that a lot of football fans think this is how football is prevalently played around the world. That's simply not true. Even Arsenal are not playing their brand of tedious possession football as much this year.

In an ideal setting, FIFA would be enjoyable using possession, counter attacking, or even route one tactics. What it should not do is force one tactic. Where EA get into trouble IMO is by trying to create gameplay and physics that appeal to online and offline players. The online kiddies want their FIFA to look like NBA Jam. We can whine about that all we want, but these kids want their football to be played that way. Period. The offline / career mode players (like most of this forum) don't give a flat $%#@ about online or Ultimate World of Warcraft Team football.

I wish EA would just go back to the years of Simulation or Arcade settings so everybody could be happy.
I think with the use of sliders you do have that, because from what little I've seen of Ultimate Team, gameplay is drastically different. As for the inertia, I did feel is was a bit overdone in the release version, and in truth this is pretty standard for EA, they almost always overdo a feature like that at first. My hope is that it's still there but just more lifelike, game speed is of no concern because that can be fixed. In the end it's all about balance, balance between sim and arcade, balance between real life and fun factor and of course balance between offense and defense.
Old 10-06-2013, 04:22 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 0

ime this cpu "speed cheat" is neglected if you set their first touch error some three points higher than yours. to me they seem to be faster in pass reception, but not in moving/sprinting.
Old 10-06-2013, 07:00 PM   #11
MVP

drunkenferret's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonira
ime this cpu "speed cheat" is neglected if you set their first touch error some three points higher than yours. to me they seem to be faster in pass reception, but not in moving/sprinting.
That, or increase human speed and acceleration by 1 each, pacey player can get away in the clear, but can't run away from defenders if jostling (on legendary anyways) I'm sure it's different on professional. To me, it feels right, 90 plus speed players with comparable acceleration should be able to outrun 65 speed centerbacks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2013, 12:11 AM   #12
MVP

BL8001's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion523
I think with the use of sliders you do have that, because from what little I've seen of Ultimate Team, gameplay is drastically different. As for the inertia, I did feel is was a bit overdone in the release version, and in truth this is pretty standard for EA, they almost always overdo a feature like that at first. My hope is that it's still there but just more lifelike, game speed is of no concern because that can be fixed. In the end it's all about balance, balance between sim and arcade, balance between real life and fun factor and of course balance between offense and defense.

Are you saying fut gameplay is drastically different as it got better/more balanced with the pc patch?

Or are you saying drastically different because it is an ornery cheating dog compared to how much closer you can make it to futbol with sliders currently pre-patch?
Old 10-07-2013, 06:18 AM   #13
All Star

orion523's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by BL8001
Are you saying fut gameplay is drastically different as it got better/more balanced with the pc patch?

Or are you saying drastically different because it is an ornery cheating dog compared to how much closer you can make it to futbol with sliders currently pre-patch?
What I'm saying is there's a drastic difference between the arcade and non-sim experience play that you get in UT and the sim like experience you get with sliders in CM, giving users a choice.
Old 10-07-2013, 06:26 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
What I'm saying is there's a drastic difference between the arcade and non-sim experience play that you get in UT and the sim like experience you get with sliders in CM, giving users a choice.
agree! UT is more than arcade
Old 10-07-2013, 07:58 AM   #15
MVP

BL8001's Arena

Quote:

Drat. I was hoping they had balanced Fut by not artificially making it tougher by making your controlled CPU players idiots.

This game is amazing when your players behave like they do on semi pro and the CPU is on WC.

You can encounter this kind of gameplay in the weekly challenges.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2013, 12:17 PM   #16
MVP

lnin0's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Yes, paying full retail price for half a game is a great choice.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »