Home

Madden NFL 25 Video - MNF Simulation: Colts vs. Chargers (Xbox One)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 25 Video - MNF Simulation: Colts vs. Chargers (Xbox One) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2013, 11:59 AM   #17
Rookie

csamuelsvt's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: NEW Xbox One Gameplay Video (ESPN)

Never post, but always am reading people's responses. I am so disappointed if this turns out to be what the game looks like. From the E3 gameplay, to this? It looks exactly the same minus a few small details as to the game I bought for my Xbox 360. So confused/disappointed....
Old 10-14-2013, 12:02 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 16

Same horrid/robotic animations....Welp, I guess that's that.

I really don't understand. Why are the QB drop backs generic? They're dropping back as if they're electric football figurines. Don't get me started on the tackling.

I don't see myself purchasing another Madden title until either...

1. The whole team is scrapped and rebuilt with different developers and programmers
2. They re-build the engine and somehow make the game we all want.

I really miss playing an NFL football but I WILL NOT buy this product only because it's the only game out. I am not naive at all.

Last edited by djordan; 10-14-2013 at 12:07 PM.
Old 10-14-2013, 12:03 PM   #19
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

I guess it's one of those games you just have to play to get it......

I really don't get it Tiburon. The game looks awful for next gen imo. Where are these uncompressed more fluid animations? Because I don't see them. Lol. Not one throw was even in Rivers sig throwing motion. Not to mention Luck doesn't even have a sig style in the game yet. Then you got Hilton spinning off one defender then back spinning off another, lmao. It's not the fact that it happened I'm questioning. It's how it looked when it happened. Just awful.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 10-14-2013, 12:05 PM   #20
Pro

OVR: 6

Detail is sharper -grass stains and all- but who cares? Other than that, it's the same old game play and crippled animations we have had to stomach for years.

Throw in the certainty of a myriad of ever present game breaking glitches that will be embedded with the new offering, and what's left?

Enough with the eye candy and useless new gimmicks (coach glass) EA...it is well past time to get down to the real nitty gritty if you want to keep selling football games.
Old 10-14-2013, 12:06 PM   #21
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Everyone complained back in 06 when they gave us a new game with bare bone features, now everyone complains when they give us a full featured game, albeit a port, with minimal upgrades graphically.

What do you guys want them to do???

I think people had WAY too high expectations for next gen Madden and may not understand that the devs don't know the capabilities of these systems yet. First party next gen games are going to be much better graphically at first, they ALWAYS are. After a year or two the games will start to be pushed graphically and we will see much better LOOKING games. In the meantime, focus on the GAMEPLAY, the GAMEPLAY is what matters. To me, the gameplay looks pretty good, not great, but a definite improvement in terms of fluidity in movement and o/d line interactions look much improved. You can't turn a game that people are calling "trash" into "treasure" in one cycle guys. Continued improvement in gameplay and areas that matter is what we are wanting, let's hope it continues and at a faster rate, but at the same time, don't expect so much on the first iteration of a game on a new console.

Can anyone name ONE non first party title on 360 that blew you away graphically when Xbox 360 launched?

Everyone's talking about FIFA, but FIFA was a GREAT game on current gen, Madden wasn't. You have to keep these things in mind guys, it's going to take some time to get Madden on that level that we all want it to. Like I've said I don't expect it to take 5+ years to get there, I expect Madden 15 to be basically what we've been wanting, but how people could expect a port of Madden to compare to a port of FIFA is beyond my comprehension.

Last edited by jpdavis82; 10-14-2013 at 12:08 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2013, 12:09 PM   #22
Banned

TheBuddyHobbs's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Everyone complained back in 06 when they gave us a new game with bare bone features, now everyone complains when they give us a full featured game, albeit a port, with minimal upgrades graphically.

I think people had WAY too high expectations for next gen Madden and may not understand that the devs don't know the capabilities of these systems yet. First party next gen games are going to be much better graphically at first, they ALWAYS are. After a year or two the games will start to be pushed graphically and we will see much better LOOKING games. In the meantime, focus on the GAMEPLAY, the GAMEPLAY is what matters. To me, the gameplay looks pretty good, not great, but a definite improvement in terms of fluidity in movement and o/d line interactions look much improved. You can't turn a game that people are calling "trash" into "treasure" in one cycle guys. Continued improvement in gameplay and areas that matter is what we are wanting, let's hope it continues and at a faster rate, but at the same time, don't expect so much on the first iteration of a game on a new console.

Can anyone name ONE non first party title on 360 that blew you away graphically when Xbox 360 launched?
I cannot believe you still defend this game to death no matter what. What happens next year when nothing changes? What will you say then?
Old 10-14-2013, 12:11 PM   #23

m1ke_nyc's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82

Here you are back again to defend this crap. Its old and tired. You were the one telling us how awesome next gen Madden was gonna be just a few months ago. The gameplay looks good and fluid ? Just be honest with us, you wanna either A. become part of the game changers program so your sucking up to them OR B. wanna get in at EA.
Old 10-14-2013, 12:12 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 0

Am I the only one who thinks the player models look like those in NFL Fever many moons ago?

Wow! just wow! If you're going to allow gameplay footage to be shown, then why not show it from the perspective the gamers will actually be playing from? I don't get it? This video does nothing but turn me off to the idea of next gen Madden.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »