Home

NBA 2K14 Introduces Locker Codes

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 Introduces Locker Codes within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-15-2013, 04:54 PM   #17
2K Sports Community Manager

LD2k's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: NBA 2K14: Introducing Locker Codes

Quote:
Originally Posted by NARFALICIOUS
I don't have facebook or twitter or google + or instant-grahams or zanga or friendzter. how may I earn rewards for my 2K ?? ? ? ?
Let me rephrase this.

Anyone can share a code by writing it down and passing it on to their friends. Going to the app, however, contributes a point towards the unlock. You do NOT need to click the share button to contribute. By simply visiting the app adds a point towards the unlock. Hope that helps.

Master of Operation Sports .gifs

Last edited by LD2k; 10-15-2013 at 05:06 PM.
Old 10-15-2013, 05:00 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 10

Doesn't work on Life Invader!

Stinks being penalized for valuing your own privacy to a degree. Funny we buy your game only to be bribed to advertise on your behalf?!? I get it's reality, but this isn't morally right to me. My 2cents. Just had to state my opinion on this, it left a sour taste in my mouth.
Old 10-15-2013, 05:02 PM   #19
Pro

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LD2k
For the fans.
For the fans? Really? I've been playing 2k since the first one was released on Dreamcast. Bought every PC version even though I didn't like them until 2k11 at all, and after that I consider them mediocre at best out of the box. Been paying for the game regardless to support 2k for making PC basketball games. So I'd consider me somewhat of a "fan". Just like the guys that spend hundreds of hours for free every year, getting things done 2k couldn't provide so far. Playbooks that make sense, rosters as accurate as it gets (compare good community rosters to the trainwreck your "insider" provided this year again...) tons of retro mods (check out the Base Roster project for 2k12 or the 84 classic teams mod for 2k14 PC) and so on...

What about, for once, providing accurate rosters and working playbooks out of the box? You know, for the fans? Why not use knowledgeable "fans" to go through the release day roster beforehand to make sure it's a representation of the real NBA and not some fantasy league? I mean if the devs can't do it, there are people on this site more than capable. And they would love to help out. Wouldn't that be better than sticking with the anonymous "2k insider" gimmick? I mean, it's for the fans...

But it sounds like some 10 year olds liking the 2k page on Facebook are considered fans now instead of people who've been supporting the company for more than a decade? Cool. Social media for the win.

Last edited by mango_prom; 10-15-2013 at 05:28 PM.
Old 10-15-2013, 05:02 PM   #20

LD2k's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasco11
Doesn't work on Life Invader!

Stinks being penalized for valuing your own privacy to a degree. Funny we buy your game only to be bribed to advertise on your behalf?!? I get it's reality, but this isn't morally right to me. My 2cents. Just had to state my opinion on this, it left a sour taste in my mouth.
You don't have to share it - visiting inputs a point towards the code. Completely optional.

Old 10-15-2013, 05:08 PM   #21

LD2k's Arena

For just visiting weekly, you get a free code right off the start.

This week it's 1,000 VC.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2013, 05:10 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by LD2k
You don't have to share it - visiting inputs a point towards the code. Completely optional.
Ok, fair question then, i think:

Then why not also be able to visit www.nba2k.com for codes, instead of (or in addition to) Facebook, Twitter, etc? This way it wouldn't alienate some of your gamers and loyal customers...food for thought. Thanks.
Old 10-15-2013, 05:22 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 8

Nah, don't like this promo stuff man. Give me some game modes news. Assocation, My Career, Online Association, etc.
Old 10-15-2013, 05:25 PM   #24
Pro

OVR: 2

Oh, just to clarify...LD2k, please don't take my rant too seriously, lol. I know you're the wrong adress for that.
But you know, seeing social media promo stuff like that, while rosters are just sad, playbooks a total mess and offline gameplay more than shaky out of the box, ís just frustrating.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »