Home

Operation Sports - Press Row Podcast: Madden NFL 25 Next-Gen with Vic Lugo

This is a discussion on Operation Sports - Press Row Podcast: Madden NFL 25 Next-Gen with Vic Lugo within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-17-2013, 10:34 AM   #9
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: Operation Sports - Press Row Podcast: Madden NFL 25 Next-Gen with Vic Lugo

Quote:
Originally Posted by adub88
Vic pretty much made it sound like we're not getting those E3 visuals.
Even if that is the case. what about the visuals in the presentation trailer? Those look vastly different from the MNF videos.
Old 10-17-2013, 10:37 AM   #10
Pro

adub88's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by dghustla
Even if that is the case. what about the visuals in the presentation trailer? Those look vastly different from the MNF videos.
I can't speak for everybody, but personally, I know I'm tired of talking about what if's, what could be's. Just ready to see actual gameplay video at this point lol.
Old 10-17-2013, 10:41 AM   #11
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by adub88
I can't speak for everybody, but personally, I know I'm tired of talking about what if's, what could be's. Just ready to see actual gameplay video at this point lol.
Look I'm with you. It's just confusing as all hell. Because what ESPN is calling Next Gen Gameplay, and whats in the True Step teaser and presentation trailer look much different. I'm not expecting a huge graphical leap this year and maybe not even that much overall in this general. I think the leaps will be made in Human Intelligence, depths and details on this next gen.

I listened to the first 10 minutes of the interview so far. And I like what Vic is saying about true step. The only thing is, I wish Rich would have asked him to clarify how is true step different from what just added to NCAA and madden this year. (he could have asked after i stopped listening but it seemed where i stopped that the convo was transiting.)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2013, 10:48 AM   #12
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Graphics won't take a big leap? Yeah, maybe not for the madden team! Has he even seen some of these other games?

We were clearly lied to with that E3 footage. I don't trust anything anyone from this team tries to sell us. They've lied to us so much, I have to take everything else as a lie at this point.

We saw the MNF videos, where was this true step, 1000+ animations in those videos? Give me a break .

Sent from the Dungeon Of Doom using Tapatalk
Old 10-17-2013, 10:48 AM   #13
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
I'll be making cliff notes on this in the next hour.
Definitely looking forward to this. Thanks jp.
Old 10-17-2013, 10:57 AM   #14
Gaming Fool.

PAPERNUT's Arena

OVR: 8

Rich did a fine job and asked good questions. Just not much we can get from it till we see the actual game in motion at this point.
Twitter
YouTube
Old 10-17-2013, 10:58 AM   #15
Rookie

csamuelsvt's Arena

OVR: 1

Sounds like a more "polished" Madden 25 that has to be experienced in order to see the details...just my 2 cents. Curious what others think after listening.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2013, 11:00 AM   #16
MVP

Dogslax41's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
Graphics won't take a big leap? Yeah, maybe not for the madden team! Has he even seen some of these other games?

We were clearly lied to with that E3 footage. I don't trust anything anyone from this team tries to sell us. They've lied to us so much, I have to take everything else as a lie at this point.

We saw the MNF videos, where was this true step, 1000+ animations in those videos? Give me a break .

Sent from the Dungeon Of Doom using Tapatalk
Agreed. While they don't have to fall on their sword, a mea culpa would be nice since its pretty clear that they used the bait and switch marketing again. EA really is working hard to erode any semblance of trust the market has in them. I understand inflating your marketing strategy by over stating the impact certain improvements make on the game, but they really need to be taken to task for what boils down to essentially lying about their product. Because releasing a video like E3 that says actual gameplay and then releasing a game that looks nothing like it and not saying a word is BS.

At least come out, own it and say, "we really tried to hit the E3 gameplay target but we didn’t feel we could get there in time and still have a complete full featured game at launch." People may not all understand but at least they won't feel like they were intentionally deceived.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »