Home

Madden NFL 25 Next-Gen War in the Trenches Q&A with Clint Oldenburg

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 25 Next-Gen War in the Trenches Q&A with Clint Oldenburg within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-21-2013, 03:50 PM   #9
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5
I liked the answers he gave but I still want to know more about defense.
Old 10-21-2013, 03:53 PM   #10
All Star

poster's Arena

OVR: 23
Can a legit defensive line get pressure by themselves, without blitzing, if they are more talented then the offensive linemen they are going against? Doesn't really happen in current gen.
Old 10-21-2013, 03:58 PM   #11
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Madden NFL 25 Next-Gen War in the Trenches Q&A with Clint Oldenburg

Quote:
Originally Posted by poster
Can a legit defensive line get pressure by themselves, without blitzing, if they are more talented then the offensive linemen they are going against? Doesn't really happen in current gen.
Not sure if this answers your question, but appears to.

will D-lineman "win" more 1-1 battles against lesser rated O-linemen? Or will it be 50/50

Pass rush has been improved and ratings will have a heavy impact on 1v1 battles up front.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2013, 04:05 PM   #12
All Star

poster's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Not sure if this answers your question, but appears to.

will D-lineman "win" more 1-1 battles against lesser rated O-linemen? Or will it be 50/50

Pass rush has been improved and ratings will have a heavy impact on 1v1 battles up front.
Kind of. Someone asked if playing Cover-2 was a viable defensive option in the Q&A, and either he ignored or didn't understand what was being asked.

That is why I asked the question. Like anything this dev team says, I have to see it in actual un-doctored gameplay videos to believe it. Hopefully the above is true.
Old 10-21-2013, 04:08 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 0
Cool can we see it? Ive heard this all before I just want to see it ...let the game changers or somebody put out a video im tierd of reading about a game ea has been stalling on the info since june for all thier titles
Old 10-21-2013, 04:11 PM   #14
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by poster
Kind of. Someone asked if playing Cover-2 was a viable defensive option in the Q&A, and either he ignored or didn't understand what was being asked.

That is why I asked the question. Like anything this dev team says, I have to see it in actual un-doctored gameplay videos to believe it. Hopefully the above is true.
He replied during the q&a

Has blitzing been improved? Is cover 2 a usable scheme now with better pass rush?

Yes, you will feel more heat with blitzes, which also improved all coverages.
Old 10-21-2013, 04:12 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 0

Now all we need is gameplay
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2013, 04:13 PM   #16
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
[center]
Will low Awr cost olineman to make wrong reads when targeting pre snap?

This year, physical ratings will have greater impact than intangible ratings up front.

I'm excited for this game. But that response is just a SMH moment. This was the perfect chance for the Madden Team to make Awr actually mean something for at least one position group on the field. I wish that signing that UDFA with great physical tools, turned out to be a liability in pass protection and makes me question if his abilities are worth giving up a few sacks or pressures a game. Instead they reverted back to a tried and true Madden philosophy which is physical ratings are the only ratings that truly matter.

That's just a missed opportunity for this team to make players actually feel and play different. I would love to be able to make my opponent account for a guard with low awareness. Maybe next year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »