Home

Madden NFL 25 Next-Gen War in the Trenches Q&A with Clint Oldenburg

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 25 Next-Gen War in the Trenches Q&A with Clint Oldenburg within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-21-2013, 04:38 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 25 Next-Gen War in the Trenches Q&A with Clint Oldenburg

Maybe this is too much to ask, but can you ask him to provide a "Gameplay" video example of the answer, rather than written words?

EA has not exactly been forthcoming with whats been written in the past vs. whats actually "In the Game."

I've kind of grown tired of buying the game, only to find out, Wait, thats not what they said
Old 10-21-2013, 04:41 PM   #18
MVP

friscob's Arena

OVR: 8

Cautiously optimistic but QB's having to step up into the pocket would be awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
He replied during the q&a

Has blitzing been improved? Is cover 2 a usable scheme now with better pass rush?

Yes, you will feel more heat with blitzes, which also improved all coverages.
Pass rush has always been the biggest reason that cover 2 and other zone coverages feel so weak. EA has done it again, they've made me excited for the "next" Madden....

2014 Cleveland Browns 13-3
2015 Cleveland Browns 6-1
GT: MouthyRat

Last edited by friscob; 10-21-2013 at 04:44 PM.
Old 10-21-2013, 04:48 PM   #19
Rookie

LovejoyOTF's Arena

OVR: 3

finally! a chance to really delve deep into war in the trenches, ask some really pressing, interesting questions!
damn, but what can i ask? there's so many different things i want to know.

hmm.
hmm.

WAIT. GOT IT. WHAT'S THE BEST WAY OF DEFENDING VERNON DAVIS?
Old 10-21-2013, 05:05 PM   #20
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsutygurfan
Maybe this is too much to ask, but can you ask him to provide a "Gameplay" video example of the answer, rather than written words?

EA has not exactly been forthcoming with whats been written in the past vs. whats actually "In the Game."

I've kind of grown tired of buying the game, only to find out, Wait, thats not what they said
I really doubt folks that Clint will take time from his busy schedule and capture a video. I know the crowd has turned to seeing is believing, but today, he was hit with a ton of questions and he said he needed to get back to working on the game.

I'm sure there will be more video in the coming weeks.
Old 10-21-2013, 05:19 PM   #21
MVP

Hiro1's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovejoyOTF
finally! a chance to really delve deep into war in the trenches, ask some really pressing, interesting questions!
damn, but what can i ask? there's so many different things i want to know.

hmm.
hmm.

WAIT. GOT IT. WHAT'S THE BEST WAY OF DEFENDING VERNON DAVIS?
Defending elite TEs have been near impossible in the NFL and even harder in madden. I don't have problem with the question. I'd rather a question asking about Dline stunts or something but hey.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2013, 05:33 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 2
How about my favorite - will an outmatched CB automatically catch up to the Receiver and get into position to defend a play that they are obviously beat on?

Will actual field awareness actually count this year - as in will the DB have to SEE the ball prior to making a play on it?

Will wideouts who are known to be clutch in REAL LIFE actually catch the ball in traffic this time out?

Also nice to see the QB will ACTUALLY NEED TO STEP UP And climb the pocket - its about time.

Will bump and run be effective at rerouting the WR at the line at least partially or based on stats affording the d-line a bit more time to get to the QB?
Old 10-21-2013, 05:36 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by dghustla
I'm excited for this game. But that response is just a SMH moment. This was the perfect chance for the Madden Team to make Awr actually mean something for at least one position group on the field. I wish that signing that UDFA with great physical tools, turned out to be a liability in pass protection and makes me question if his abilities are worth giving up a few sacks or pressures a game. Instead they reverted back to a tried and true Madden philosophy which is physical ratings are the only ratings that truly matter.

That's just a missed opportunity for this team to make players actually feel and play different. I would love to be able to make my opponent account for a guard with low awareness. Maybe next year.
I: guess that answers my AWR questions - bah - physical attributes dont mean crap if your a rook and your you dont know the playbook you should be out of position
Old 10-21-2013, 05:42 PM   #24
Banned

ghettogeeksta's Arena

OVR: 12
Will backs and TE's chip block pass rushers before they go to catch a screen pass or go out for short pass routes.

Last edited by ghettogeeksta; 10-21-2013 at 06:04 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »