Home

NBA 2K14: Next-Gen Hands-On Impressions

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14: Next-Gen Hands-On Impressions within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-24-2013, 10:18 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
NBA 2K14: Next-Gen Hands-On Impressions

NBA 2K14 on next-gen looks great, plays great. Features are missing though.

To port or not to port? That is the question.

In 2006, 2K took a different approach to their first game on the next gen consoles. 2K simply upgraded the graphics and ported over all of the features in the current gen version. That was the safe approach and most people were happy with it by and large.

This time around 2K wants OS'ers to know one thing: The next gen version of NBA 2K14 is not a port. But is that a good thing?

Read More - NBA 2K14: Next-Gen Hands-On Impressions
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2013, 10:21 AM   #2
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: NBA 2K14: Next-Gen Hands-On Impressions

I like how u said game looks exactly like the trailer. The removal of features won't stop me from buying , it's really a new game.
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!

Last edited by Rockie_Fresh88; 10-24-2013 at 10:25 AM.
Old 10-24-2013, 10:22 AM   #3
MVP

Melbournelad's Arena

OVR: 6

Great article, you are spot on with 30 team control. The CPU logic better be much improved to justify taking it out.
Old 10-24-2013, 10:22 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0
The player emotions look great, something every sports games need and I think that will blow us away.
Old 10-24-2013, 10:25 AM   #5
Pro

CaCHooKa Man's Arena

OVR: 6

I didn't know season and playoffs were removed too. Sometimes I just like simming a season or the playoffs for the hell of it to see who wins the championship. Sometimes I make hypothetical or impossible trades and do the same thing. Oh well, I can do without it.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2013, 10:27 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Of course, all feelings and thoughts are subject to change drastically as more information is released, but at this point I'm not sure I'm liking what I've heard about MyGM thus far. It still kind of sounds like a MyPlayer mode but from the perspective of a general manager. I don't really want to have my fictional MyPlayer running my Association. Typically, I like my Associations to have a realistic base and I feel as though a few of these additions (and subtractions) might threaten that.

Further, I bet there'll be a lot of cool aspects to MyPlayer/MyCareer but I'm also cautious about all the cut scenes. Again, before I liked kind of creating my own reality, largely based... in reality. The storylines with the trash talking between rivals and whatever else will likely be in store kind of feels like I'm being forced into playing an RPG game I might not actually have interest in. I'd still like to see a MyPlayer mode that slipped back toward reality (Summer League, D-League, less manufactured drama).

Last edited by VDusen04; 10-24-2013 at 10:31 AM.
Old 10-24-2013, 10:28 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 7

Great impressions! Pretty much describes exactly how I feel about the game right now. I am still hyped, but the lack of 30 team control took it down several levels. It is so frustrating that we have to go through this again after Madden last year.

Edit: Crap, I did not realize playoff mode is out too. Man that is even more deflating. Really disappointed with the features right now.

Last edited by ahuffman; 10-24-2013 at 10:31 AM. Reason: Playoff mode
Old 10-24-2013, 10:33 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 15

Wow can't believe 2k removed custom music, season mode and association mode. I'm kind of torn right now, the new features are great but why remove/strip down features?? Hopefully the classic teams are still in and maybe 2k added lobbies back in for online play. Hope 2k will possibly patch back in custom music or season mode.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »