Home

NBA 2K14: Next-Gen Hands-On Impressions

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14: Next-Gen Hands-On Impressions within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-24-2013, 10:52 AM   #17
MVP

Melbournelad's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: NBA 2K14: Next-Gen Hands-On Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtkiii
MYPLAYER is all I care about and it sounds great. Looking forward to more details on that!
***MyFantasy
Old 10-24-2013, 10:52 AM   #18
72-10

MarkWilliam's Arena

OVR: 1

In My GM mode (this might be a silly question) but you can play the games also yes?

I wonder what happens if you get fired?

I want to play 82 games with a team and aim for a championship without worrying about having a "game over" moment..... and obviously Quick Games won't cater for that....

Season mode is a mode NBA games back in 1995 had. Quite disappointing....
Old 10-24-2013, 10:53 AM   #19
MVP

cthurt's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Not confirmed but I don't think that it's in based on the tone of comments I received from devs.
So if we cant play other games in this mode is it safe to say that edititng other teams players is out of the question too??? .
Old 10-24-2013, 10:54 AM   #20
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkWilliam
In My GM mode (this might be a silly question) but you can play the games also yes?

I wonder what happens if you get fired?

I want to play 82 games with a team and aim for a championship without worrying about having a "game over" moment..... and obviously Quick Games won't cater for that....

Season mode is a mode NBA games back in 1995 had. Quite disappointing....
Ha, you know, I'm embarrassed to admit I actually had the same thought for a second (whether we can play the games in GM mode). It was just everything mentioned about MyGM seemed to cover everything but playing the actual games. But quickly I concluded there's no possible way the mode would be GM only and not allow playing games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthurt
So if we cant play other games in this mode is it safe to say that edititng other teams players is out of the question too??? .
Ouch, that one would hit me hard too. If nothing else, I liked being able to edit opposing player's jersey numbers, shoes, and accessories after big trades. Chris Paul wearing #17 and rocking red shoes while playing for the Magic really makes me feel unpleasant.

Last edited by VDusen04; 10-24-2013 at 10:57 AM.
Old 10-24-2013, 11:04 AM   #21
Rookie

Primo585's Arena

OVR: 0
Hyped!! MyGM sounds perfect for me!! And for not really ever touching MyPlayer before or any of those modes... I think I will be into it this year for sure.. not only does he run your franchise and it seems really deep and fun, more then just playing or simming games... but also mycareer sounds very cool, I like the RPG elements... all and all what ive seen and heard has me feeling like this is tailored right for me! But I know thats not everybody... As the years go on I hope they just add more and more modes and features and not take out too much... so there is just more content and options for everybody...

But this year should be a great one for me!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2013, 11:05 AM   #22
MVP

cthurt's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
Ouch, that one would hit me hard too. If nothing else, I liked being able to edit opposing player's jersey numbers, shoes, and accessories after big trades. Chris Paul wearing #17 and rocking red shoes while playing for the Magic really makes me feel unpleasant.
Yea I hate to use the word game killer, but those examples alone would ruin my experience, hopefully 2k thought this mode through and still gave us customizing options. "fingers crossed"
Old 10-24-2013, 11:06 AM   #23
MVP

OVR: 11
Offline full control guy here.... Was really really really tempted after the amazing 2k trailer to break my rule and cop a next gen system before the bugs are worked out( 3 rings of death anyone ?)

So Thank you 2k for being upfront with taking out important features, I'll just wait till next year when hopefully they will be back, no biggie
Old 10-24-2013, 11:06 AM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 0
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BXWbFbKCMAARk8e.jpg:large

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »