Home

NBA 2K14: My GM Interview, Hands-On Impressions, More! (Next-Gen)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14: My GM Interview, Hands-On Impressions, More! (Next-Gen) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-24-2013, 01:42 PM   #9
MVP

RocketTMac1's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: NBA 2K14—My GM News, Exclusive Interview with Senior Producer Erick Boenisch

If this expands to a full 30 team control system then it will be the best Franchise Mode I've seen. All the things I heard were good. Sounded like CCM on steroids. Man I want to experience this controlling all the teams. Seeing the backlash and praise on both sides of deals and rotations.

Adding a D-League to this would make it that much more realistic.
Old 10-24-2013, 01:42 PM   #10
MVP

JasonWilliams55's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K14—My GM News, Exclusive Interview with Senior Producer Erick Boenisch

Just some FYI:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimBaller
For those curious about MyGM mode, know this. I only covered about 5% of what this mode is at the press event. This was a bigger media event, one where a large number of the attendees aren't exactly highly interested in the meat and potatoes of a mode like this. I simply provided an overview of what our philosophy was.

We'll be going into MUCH more detail (you know I will take care of you guys here) on what we've done in the coming weeks, so stay tuned.

The takeaway you should have right now is MyGM is Association on steroids. Multi-user had to take a backseat for a minute while we rebuilt the entire foundation of how a franchise mode works. I assure you, this is all for the greater good. Leftos and I will make sure you're all happy at the end of the day.

SimBaller

P.S. For those who aren't into the concept of interacting with staff, players, etc., a Season mode (with variable season lengths) IS available so you can just focus on playing games and moving players around where you see fit.
Old 10-24-2013, 01:43 PM   #11
MVP

cthurt's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush
So if I'm doing a MyGM and my team loses money, I get fired and the MyGM season is over? Or do I have to start with another team?

Man...take this RPG stuff to Grand Theft Auto.

I don't have no time for cause and effect. I just want to play ball.

Who told them this was a good idea?
This is what I was afraid of seems this gm role has more importance then the actual on court game. I really hope there is an auto pilot mode where I can just focus playing the games on the schedule, so far it almost seems the on court game doesnt matter.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2013, 01:43 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optik
At least your players will be sitting down when meeting with you instead of standing there doing giant hand waves and constant hip stretching.
Personally, I thought the pelvic thrusts kind of made the mode.
Old 10-24-2013, 01:46 PM   #13
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonWilliams55
Just some FYI:
I read Season mode as 1 single season.

Not a dynasty or multiple years.

They got to be kidding me if that's true.
Old 10-24-2013, 01:47 PM   #14
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthurt
This is what I was afraid of seems this gm role has more importance then the actual on court game. I really hope there is an auto pilot mode where I can just focus playing the games on the schedule, so far it almost seems the on court game doesnt matter.
Erick clearly said in the video that you can take risks like overpaying a player and going above budget, but if your team is losing money AND not making up for it with success on the court, then you get fired.
Novato, CA, USA
Old 10-24-2013, 01:49 PM   #15
MVP

cthurt's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leftos
Erick clearly said in the video that you can take risks like overpaying a player and going above budget, but if your team is losing money AND not making up for it with success on the court, then you get fired.
Ok must have missed that part. thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2013, 01:50 PM   #16
MVP

RocketTMac1's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leftos
Will the 30 team option be available next year? Like selecting all 30 owners or GM's?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »