Home

Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 Data Pack 2 Details, Arrives in November

This is a discussion on Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 Data Pack 2 Details, Arrives in November within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-24-2013, 08:08 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 Data Pack 2 Details, Arrives in November

They better do something about the shooting or this thing is gonzo from my collection.
Old 10-24-2013, 08:32 PM   #10
Rookie

sportyfox's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by UptheARSEnal
They better do something about the shooting or this thing is gonzo from my collection.
Please man. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the shooting. Have you seen this thread? Watch the video.

http://forums.pesfan.com/showthread....RING%21/page65
Old 10-24-2013, 09:06 PM   #11
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportyfox
Please man. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the shooting. Have you seen this thread? Watch the video.

http://forums.pesfan.com/showthread....RING%21/page65
What is that, on beginner? The other team is standing around. So convincing, and the final game surely isnt different than the demo. Evoweb is down or I would find and post a video of Ronaldo cranking shots from 30 plus and the goalie does that stupid "catch the 70 mph shot with both hands and fall over" animation every. single. time. There is something seriously out of whack between shooting and goalie animations in this game.

Last edited by UptheARSEnal; 10-24-2013 at 09:09 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2013, 09:19 PM   #12
Banned

Here it is, the keeper does change up his animations but the point remains:

6 minutes of Ronaldo blasting long shots 1v1 vs. one lucky Affelay goal, and some footage from the demo on beginner. Yes, shooting is just fine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnA0zQU-I6M
Old 11-01-2013, 12:33 PM   #13
Pro

OVR: 6

for what its worth i watched the first minute and a half or so...none of those shots were taken with more than half power. unlike fifa (and i believe previous years of PES) the power meter doesnt determine height. you can fill the meter the whole way and (if not on manual, and going towards the goal on the right) you can hold the left stick up to the left for lower left corner, and down to the left for the lower right corner.

At first i was shooting the same way as in this video and it didnt seem like any shots were really struck too hard. Once i figured out the power meter didnt determine height, and started hitting a lot low and hard, i was able to score from distance.

edit: yes the 1/4 to 1/2 only power continued through the whole video so no he wasnt "blasting" shots at all. Use closer to 75% or even max when at distance. it wont be 100% accurate but if you dont aim for the upper corner it will be far less likely to sail over the bar.

edit 2 - and the video in the pesfan forum referenced above was scoring from distance...not because on beginner, but because they actually used power on their shots. funny how that works right? some were from quite far out but they were knuckle shots. and from someone who played keeper in college and went to professional combines 3-5 years ago when i was in my mid 20s and still plays year round in competitive leagues and tournaments to this day...a hard knuckle shot can really make a keeper look stupid. I'd rather go 1v1 with a guy than let him shoot from distance if he has a hard knuckle shot.

Last edited by joet6683; 11-01-2013 at 12:46 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »