Home

Report: EA Sports UFC to Run at 1080p at 30 FPS

This is a discussion on Report: EA Sports UFC to Run at 1080p at 30 FPS within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-25-2013, 04:57 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Report: EA Sports UFC to Run at 1080p at 30 FPS

In a report from GamingBolt, EA Canada creative director Brian Hayes confirms that EA Sports UFC will run at 1080p and will be rendered at 30 FPS with motion blur.

The game itself will be running at 60 FPS, but it will output at 30 FPS with motion blur to keep things looking good. Hayes is quoted as saying the majority of people in a focus test preferred the 30fps with motion blur. It's possible the game simply doesn't look that good at 60 FPS because there is less room for error with the animations when you crank the framerate up that high.

Hayes said, "we discovered that 60 FPS didn’t have a hugely beneficial impact on gameplay, but motion blur had an enormous impact on visual quality."

You can read more on the reasoning for the move over at GamingBolt.
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2013, 05:23 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 0
This game could be a real gem. Graphically I think it will be about as good as it gets. If they can nail down an organic gameplay and good controls it will be sick.
Old 10-25-2013, 05:31 PM   #3
Banned

It won't be a gem unless they give room for hundreds of CAF's and make career mode be veeeeery realistic and fluid.

Otherwise it will just be fun for a bit and then we move on to the next game immediately. People will enjoy fighting online for awhile then get frustrated w/ tactics and quit.

Game needs to be made VERY REAL and VERY DEEP. Hundreds of CAF slots. 500-1000 like fire pro.
Old 10-25-2013, 05:38 PM   #4
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Report: EA Sports UFC to Run at 1080p at 30 FPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishwhiskey119
It won't be a gem unless they give room for hundreds of CAF's and make career mode be veeeeery realistic and fluid.

Otherwise it will just be fun for a bit and then we move on to the next game immediately. People will enjoy fighting online for awhile then get frustrated w/ tactics and quit.

Game needs to be made VERY REAL and VERY DEEP. Hundreds of CAF slots. 500-1000 like fire pro.
500 isnt needed. 100 should be enough if the original roster is big enough.
Old 10-25-2013, 06:18 PM   #5
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gators1984
This game could be a real gem. Graphically I think it will be about as good as it gets. If they can nail down an organic gameplay and good controls it will be sick.
Games need to continue to progress in both graphics and gameplay, obviously.

But whenever I read an opinion saying that "graphics will be as good as it gets," "there's nothing more they can do graphically," "what more do you want graphically?" and the like, I always cringe a little.

Here's my take on it: If it doesn't look photorealistic, or look as if it was filmed with a director's camera, then improvements to graphics still need to be made. If it looks and behaves like a video game, improvements can and should be made. Why do people keep setting the bar so low?
Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2013, 06:28 PM   #6
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

OVR: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryshortcake

But whenever I read an opinion saying that "graphics will be as good as it gets," "there's nothing more they can do graphically," "what more do you want graphically?" and the like, I always cringe a little.

Here's my take on it: If it doesn't look photorealistic, or look as if it was filmed with a director's camera, then improvements to graphics still need to be made. If it looks and behaves like a video game, improvements can and should be made. Why do people keep setting the bar so low?
Not everyone cares about photo realistic graphics. Sure they would be nice. But i can go outside if i want to look at something real. There is only so much devs can do. Even PC games dont have photo realistic characters yet. When that time comes people will enjoy it. But its not a failure if that never happens.
Old 10-25-2013, 07:01 PM   #7
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by HozAndMoose
Not everyone cares about photo realistic graphics. Sure they would be nice. But i can go outside if i want to look at something real. There is only so much devs can do. Even PC games dont have photo realistic characters yet. When that time comes people will enjoy it. But its not a failure if that never happens.
You're misunderstanding what I'm saying. Let me clarify, I'm not saying the lack of photorealistic graphics and gameplay is a failure.

I'm saying setting the bar low for graphics (and obviously gameplay) is poor. If gamers are saying the graphics on the PS3 is great, that's when I cringe a little.

Not sure why people keep saying "if I want something real, I'll go outside." I want something "realistic" on screen. There's a reason why developers are striving to produce better graphics and better artificial intelligence, and ultimately striving for increased realism. Having real NBA players head and face scan is a sign of wanting the realism in our sports games.

Side track: MLB the Show vs. MLB 2k baseball. Disregarding gameplay, there are a lot of gamers who choose MLB the Show because of the better lighting, graphics, etc. We are visual creatures.
Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing
Old 10-25-2013, 07:11 PM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryshortcake

Let me clarify my statement. I meant as good as it gets for this wave of games. Obviously in the next few years and such graphics will continue to improve and I expect that. But I doubt you'll find a prettier game come next April(?).

Also, I agree that career needs to be deep and CAF needs to also be deep to allow for accurate creation of fighters that don't make the roster and they would allow for a lot of space. But it's all about gameplay for me. An so far this game has quietly impressed the few that had a chance to see what they have so far. They need to deliver on fluid, realistic striking and more importantly create a badass, organic grappling system that flows.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »