Home

EA Sports Reveals Next-Gen Golf Game, EA & Tiger Woods End Long Standing Partnership

This is a discussion on EA Sports Reveals Next-Gen Golf Game, EA & Tiger Woods End Long Standing Partnership within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-28-2013, 10:29 PM   #17
MVP

Jet Sufferer's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: EA Sports Reveals Next-Gen Golf Game, EA & Tiger Woods End Long Standing Partners

14 was the best one, too bad more people didn't try it.

Switching the swing mechanic to primarily having to swing with a draw or fade swing totally changed for the better. It upped the difficulty and made it a much more sim game. It was too easy to drive the ball and hit approaches with the up and down swing in prior versions.

Hope they stay in the sim direction, but it's golf so I'll be there day one either way. Liked in the screen shot you can see other holes and other golfers and their caddies walking around. So now when you hit a bad shot into another fairway you will be able to play the ball instead of the game saying it was out of bounds.

Hope this releases in 2014, dying to play the game with next gen visuals, nothing better visually than a great golf course.
Old 10-28-2013, 11:28 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 3
I'm hoping a hot shots golf is released for the PS4 before then, at least in Japan. Won't have licenses, but can't beat the fun factor.
Old 10-29-2013, 12:56 AM   #19
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by burter
http://msn.foxsports.com/golf/story/...eo-game-102813

That's what that blog says. The sell number drops are huge. The last TW I bought was either 12 or 13, I can't remember, but I liked how the kinect played with it. Before than the last one I bought was 04, but I was planning on buying next gen if they fixed the bugs I heard about and if Kinect worked really well with it. Oh well. Those numbers should make EA look at their game and fix the bugs as people will bypass future golf games if they aren't up to par like they did the last 2 years.
i think those numbers would have dropped no matter what. I stopped buying the Golf games because i got bored with them. Its not like a lot changes in those games and Golf is a pick a club & swing sport so I don't think it has the same replay effect as other games.
Old 10-29-2013, 08:19 AM   #20
Rookie

chelios7's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: EA Sports Reveals Next-Gen Golf Game, EA & Tiger Woods End Long Standing Partners

I havent picked up a TW PGA game at regular price in years. I bought TW10 on the Wii and then didnt get another until I grabbed TW 13 for the 360 for $8 during a Gamefly sale. Then this week I grabbed the TW14 Historic Edition on the PS3 for $5 at Best Buy. These games slipped long ago from must buy to grab cheap for me.

Hopefully the year off will lead to some real innovation or at least a more enjoyable game.
Old 10-29-2013, 11:33 AM   #21
All Star

OVR: 13

Agree w/ pretty much all the posts here. The game is not good, Tiger Woods or no. It's boring, lacks any substantive changes year-to-year, and for my money, the dark graphics palette just annoys the heck out of me. I'm coming from a history of playing Leaderboard Golf/Links, Jack Nicklaus golf in all its PC forms, and PGA Tour in its original form....all on PC. I loved PC golf. The gorgeous visuals (which, frankly, 13-14 years on, haven't improved much) and focus on the game of golf, as opposed to all this other nonsense the Tiger Woods series came to be about, was what brought me in. The first time I played a Tiger Woods console game and my friends were spinning the ball AFTER it was in the air, and then lightning came down and hit Tiger when he made a good drive, I knew I was out. The last/only good console golf game, IMO, was the original "Links" on the original XBox. Why that didn't continue I'll never know - what a great game.

It would be great if EA went back to making a good golf sim, or heaven-forbid a competitor makes a good golf game. But in today's sports gaming environment, asking for a game you want, or more than one game in a genre, is probably just asking way too much.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2013, 11:34 AM   #22
Pro

OVR: 33
I've never been purchased a game just because a certain player is on the cover or in the game. As big a player as Tiger is, it's not the end of the world. It's not like EA releasing a Basketball game without the Lakers in it. What I would like to see is more featured pros.
Old 10-29-2013, 12:20 PM   #23
Rookie

DaveMN's Arena

OVR: 2

My biggest beef with the TW series has always been the way the DLC was handled. The add-on courses were the things that really kept my interest, but the cost and the fact you had to re-purchase the same course every time you upgraded really turned me off.
Old 10-29-2013, 12:23 PM   #24
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15

That's a pretty impressive difference in the screen shots.

It will be disappointing not having Tiger in the game. I'm surprised EA couldnt even just keep him in as a character for whatever reasons, but it won't affect me much since I typically go right into career mode with this game and use my created golfer almost exclusively.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »