Home

NBA 2K14 Next-Gen Season Simulation Declares Heat As Champs

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 Next-Gen Season Simulation Declares Heat As Champs within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-29-2013, 02:15 PM   #17
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: NextGen Season Simulation

Is that Nets picture real or in the game?

look at D12 and Harden so realistic...ugh nov 15 come on!!
Old 10-29-2013, 02:15 PM   #18
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
The Heat had the exact same record last year in real life, and this year, D. Wade is in the best shape he's been in years. No reason that can't match that record again.

As for the Pacers, who knows if they'll be able to match what they did last year. That was a phenomenal team performance. They're gonna need to click, and click good again to match what they did. Especially with Miami, Chicago, Brooklyn and New York there.

Them getting the 6th seed can very well happen.
That's true.

As for the Pacers, I look at Granger being injured as a blessing in disguise for them.

Maybe the game sees it that way as well due to Lance Stephenson's emergence as a defensive/offensive threat.
Old 10-29-2013, 02:18 PM   #19
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthBeach
The Heat's regular season record seems a bit too high given how injury prone Wade is and the absence of Mike Miller defensively.

And I'm surprised the Raptors weren't simulated into the 8th spot or 7th.

And the Pacers at 6th? Hahaha. Okay. This must have been simulated with Roy Hibbert starting at point guard.
Old 10-29-2013, 02:19 PM   #20
VFL

LeBlonde James's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_future420
Those WC records don't look too promising in terms of the sim engine that we will be getting. Only one team over 50 wins? When was the last time, if ever that happened?
2011-2012 Season? lol day opener. Kidding by the way. Yeah I hope they have a better sim engine as well, guys who play 40 min. a game should play 40 min. a game on average. It hurt the player stats, had a lot of seasons with the leading scorer with 24 points per game or less.

Last edited by LeBlonde James; 10-29-2013 at 02:29 PM.
Old 10-29-2013, 02:22 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
True, but even last year, 6 teams had over 50 wins, in the sim, it was 4. Is it REALLY that big of a difference?

It really differentiates. Sometimes you have 12 teams with over 50, sometimes 6. You never know what you're gonna get. Then you have to factor in injuries, trades, all that kinda stuff
The objection was the lack of 50 win teams, not an exact replication of 50 win teams. The flurry of teams coming in under the 50 win mark in the west suggested a level of mediocrity from within the conference that has not been seen for as long back as one would be willing to click "previous season" in the standings section of basketballreference.com.

I am not very interested in the simulation results shown here. However, I caught the post where you said a single 50 game winner in the west "Happens more often than you think, buddy" and I felt compelled to clarify. My goal here was merely to inform.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2013, 02:23 PM   #22
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
The objection was the lack of 50 win teams, not an exact replication of 50 win teams. The flurry of teams coming in under the 50 win mark in the west suggested a level of mediocrity from within the conference that has not been seen for as long back as one would be willing to click "previous season" in the standings section of basketballreference.com.

I am not very interested in the simulation results shown here. However, I caught the post where you said a single 50 game winner in the west "Happens more often than you think, buddy." My goal here was merely to inform.
Oh no trust me, I got that no doubt. I honestly completely forgot that season was a lockout. I just remembered that only the Bulls and Spurs had over 50 wins. If I had taken the time to look it up, I would have remembered there was a lockout.
Old 10-29-2013, 02:25 PM   #23
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiNOYPANDEMiK
In a defensive rotation, who would you rather have?

Ray Allen, James Jones, Mike Miller, or Roger Mason Jr?

That's the point I was getting at. Miller's rebounds helped defensively.

Last edited by SouthBeach; 10-29-2013 at 02:29 PM.
Old 10-29-2013, 02:26 PM   #24
Rookie

sreckless's Arena

OVR: 4

Pacers and Grizzlies being below .500 should be UNACCEPTABLE for a game that is alleging to re-create the NBA.

Memo to Mike Wang, LD2k, The2kInsider, et. al. -- spend just a little bit less time perfecting the anti-aliasing around LeBron's hairline and Kenyon Martin's neck tattoos and spend a little more time watching NBA basketball.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »