Home

EA Sports Next-Gen Golf Game Will Not Feature Tiger Woods at All

This is a discussion on EA Sports Next-Gen Golf Game Will Not Feature Tiger Woods at All within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-29-2013, 10:15 PM   #25
Stop the Nonsense

fsufan4423's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: EA Sports Next-Gen Golf Game Will Not Feature Tiger Woods at All

Taking Tiger out of this game would be like taking the NBA Logo off a Jersey, the horse from a Polo shirt, or an Apple from a iPod and and see how many people buy it.

Tiger is a brand that brings all sorts of people into the game. It would no different than a regular golf tournament without him in the field......low ratings.

3 national championships 3 Heisman Trophy winners 16 ACC Championships 14 straight AP top fives

2014 BCS National Champions
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2013, 11:17 PM   #26
MVP

Thrash13's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishwhiskey119
Everyone says no issue but in fact it is a HUGE issue. This will sink the franchise without question.

There is no point in having any pro golfers in the game at all now.
You do realize there are a lot of great golfers not named Tiger Woods don't you? He's the best golfer right now, but he's hardly as dominant as he was 5 years ago. He hasn't won a major since 2008, and others like Phil Mickelson, Rory McIlroy, etc. are big names now. I'll guarantee some people will buy the game now just because Tiger isn't associated. Look at the sales history of the franchise since his transgressions in 2009, and tell me again how it will sink without his involvement. I wish he was still with EA, but the fact the next game will have an extra year of development along with being released on next-gen systems could equal something really solid. The whole "Tiger" thing has definitely gotten a bit stale over the last few years though. The proof is in the pudding.
Old 10-30-2013, 12:20 PM   #27
Rookie

Tribe1's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey04
How can you not have the best player in the world in the game? How is that acceptable? It would be like having NBA2k without Lebron. Or Madden without peyton or Tom Brady. Very bad decision IMO. Sales will tank. Hardcore golf fans will still buy it but, the fringe fans, the ones that only know golf because of Tiger will no longer be interested.
There was a time when we played NBA games without MJ & Barkley and this was back when Jordan played for the Bulls and was winning championships. They always had fake players for them. I even remember one game had a fake white guy that was supposed to be Jordan.
Old 10-30-2013, 02:31 PM   #28
Banned

OVR: 24

This is blown way out of proportion. Everybody played either career (where you can't use him) or online and I betcha 95% of the people did not use Tiger as thier golfer online. They can still can use his name as part of career mode, just not any likeness of him because they have the PGA license and that gives the right for EA to use the name of all golfers on the PGA tour. If it didn't then Mickleson sure as hellwould not let a Tiger Woods golf game use his name in career mode. I seriously doubt Tiger has some some special status as master of the golfing universe where he gets a veto on that.

I'm thinking the budget has been cut and it was down to retaining the rights to Augusta and the Masters (they only had a 3 year contract if I recall) or retain Tiger. I would pick Augusta every time. Not to mention they probably really want to expand the selection of courses for next gen and that costs money to do so. Again I would pick an additional 20-25 new courses over Tiger's name every time.
Old 10-30-2013, 03:20 PM   #29
All Star

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seymour Scagnetti
I'm thinking the budget has been cut and it was down to retaining the rights to Augusta and the Masters (they only had a 3 year contract if I recall) or retain Tiger. I would pick Augusta every time. Not to mention they probably really want to expand the selection of courses for next gen and that costs money to do so. Again I would pick an additional 20-25 new courses over Tiger's name every time.
Absolutely. I was going to post something to this effect - in golf games, it's the courses that matter, not the players. Having real pros is a nice touch (which the game still will), but no one that plays the games, if given a choice, wouldn't pick Augusta, Pebble, and Pinehurst over having Tiger Woods in the game.
Old 10-30-2013, 04:37 PM   #30
Banned

Jattbreed's Arena

OVR: 1

I'm a fringe player, no Tiger, me no play.
Old 10-31-2013, 11:08 AM   #31
Pro

rolltide1017's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsufan4423
Taking Tiger out of this game would be like taking the NBA Logo off a Jersey, the horse from a Polo shirt, or an Apple from a iPod and and see how many people buy it.

Tiger is a brand that brings all sorts of people into the game. It would no different than a regular golf tournament without him in the field......low ratings.
Well this game already has "low ratings" compared to other games and I don't see that changing whether Tiger is there or not.

Where have all you guys been that claim you will not buy this game without Tiger? He's been in the game for over a decade now and you still aren't buying it so, what's the difference now, you still won't buy the game.

Do you know which TW PGA game has sold the best? TW PGA Tour 12 and guess what, Tiger wasn't even on the cover that year. That was the year Augusta was added so, like others have said, courses mean more then real players.

Last edited by rolltide1017; 10-31-2013 at 11:10 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2013, 11:13 AM   #32
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolltide1017
Well this game already has "low ratings" compared to other games and I don't see that changing whether Tiger is there or not.

Where have all you guys been that claim you will not buy this game without Tiger? He's been in the game for over a decade now and you still aren't buying it so, what's the difference now, you still won't buy the game.

Do you know which TW PGA game has sold the best? TW PGA Tour 12 and guess what, Tiger wasn't even on the cover that year. That was the year Augusta was added so, like others have said, courses mean more then real players.
youre talking about covers now no one said anything about not buying because he is not on cover thats like me saying I wont buy MLB The Show because a Cincinnati Red is not on the cover

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »