Home

New NBA 2K14 MyTEAM Screenshot, No Official Word on Transferring From Current-Gen

This is a discussion on New NBA 2K14 MyTEAM Screenshot, No Official Word on Transferring From Current-Gen within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-31-2013, 01:39 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: NBA 2K14 Next-Gen MyTEAM Screenshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerk
If it's anything like ea's ultimate team, you could collect a whole team and then get coins from completing that collection. Hope it's similar.
Pointless. One couldn't possibly get anywhere near the same amount of satisfaction of completing a collection for MyTeam as one would if it were a trading card book. You're actually just collecting cards with the latter, but with the former you're actually playing with a team.
Old 10-31-2013, 02:07 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: NBA 2K14 Next-Gen MyTEAM Screenshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optik
Pointless. One couldn't possibly get anywhere near the same amount of satisfaction of completing a collection for MyTeam as one would if it were a trading card book. You're actually just collecting cards with the latter, but with the former you're actually playing with a team.
How is it pointless? People stick with a team, upgrade new players here and there and instead of selling the cards they don't like or the duplicates they put them in a collection. Once they finish the collection they get a large amount of coins as a reward to do whatever they want with.

I'm not saying that's how it is in 2k, that's how ultimate team works and I quite enjoy it.
Old 10-31-2013, 02:36 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 8
Re: New NBA 2K14 MyTEAM Screenshot, No Official Word on Transferring From Current-Gen

Well if you can keep duplicates (see upper right corner) I assume that you can sell them when you like and probably an auction/trade/market system has been introduced in NG
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2013, 03:17 PM   #12
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: New NBA 2K14 MyTEAM Screenshot, No Official Word on Transferring From Current-Gen

Quote:
Originally Posted by franzis
Well if you can keep duplicates (see upper right corner) I assume that you can sell them when you like and probably an auction/trade/market system has been introduced in NG
I hope that's the direction that they're goin, would be great
Old 10-31-2013, 03:43 PM   #13
Pro

OVR: 6

An auction system would be awesome, I would be all over this game mode
Old 10-31-2013, 04:04 PM   #14
Rookie

JohnB405's Arena

OVR: 0

I am completely lost on what the point of this game mode is. Please someone help enlighten me. What's the point? How does it work? Thanks
Old 10-31-2013, 04:51 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 0
Almost two weeks now. Leggo 2k. This is getting ridiculous. It's time to pull the curtain back and unveil your baby to the world. Stop being shy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2013, 05:15 PM   #16
Pro

OVR: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnB405
I am completely lost on what the point of this game mode is. Please someone help enlighten me. What's the point? How does it work? Thanks
You're basically trying to put the best team together to compete against others and the CPU. It's really an expanded fantasy draft, but players are obtained in packs. You get to pick a name for your team, logo, court, jerseys, roster and coach. That's the similarities. Each game developer has nuances to their specific version, with EA putting out the best version thus far.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »