Home

Madden NFL 25 Next Gen Video - War in the Trenches & Passing Pockets (QJB)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 25 Next Gen Video - War in the Trenches & Passing Pockets (QJB) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-01-2013, 03:30 PM   #25
Banned

tfer717's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 25 Next Gen PS4 Gameplay War In the Trenches

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Rex Dickson told everyone what was and wasn't going to be in the game. He mentioned at least 5 times in his interview with Sim Perspective, that animation quality is not where it needs to be yet, as well as physics and that they are working to improve them.

The things that they did work on this year, they are just laying the foundation for them, they laid the foundation for the o/d line, true step, player sense AI, living worlds, now they will keep improving them each year.

I know how people like to complain about how bad the game is, but if that is the case, don't you think it will take more than one cycle for them to fix everything?

We've seen more improvement from Madden 13 to Madden 25 next gen, in core gameplay than we did from Madden 06-12.

I understand there's a lack of trust, but let's at least give them more than one cycle to fix EVERYTHING.
o/d line- fine.. looks improved

true step - only applies to 2 players.

Player sense - don't know what to think other than running backs avoiding players and tip-toeing on the sideline (an animation that was in the game years ago

living worlds - ??? but at this point doesn't look too good.

Is this really all they are capable of in 2 years?.... oh wait now they werent working on it for 2 years only a couple months.. nvm.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2013, 03:30 PM   #26
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

OVR: 0

that geno smith clip around 1:20 was the main problem i have with madden. the change of direction is too fast for players and doesnt take into account their weight or momentum. i like that he sensed the pressure and stepped up in the pocket, but it happened too fast. he didnt have to put any pressure on his back leg to step up. he just immediately was going forward.

hopefully they can fix that eventually. players never seem to have any real weight to them in madden i think thats why it looks so weird the way they move.

the graphics look ok in terms of textures but man brady is way too bulky he is tall and skinny irl. i know they want to show the flak jacket and stuff but its always way over-emphasized.

Last edited by El_Poopador; 11-01-2013 at 03:33 PM.
Old 11-01-2013, 03:33 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
We've seen more improvement from Madden 13 to Madden 25 next gen, in core gameplay than we did from Madden 06-12.
We have? We haven't even seen Game-play of Madden 25 NG... But let's take a deeper look... Shall we??

Attached Images
File Type: jpg HORRIBLE.jpg (196.2 KB, 314 views)
Old 11-01-2013, 03:36 PM   #28
Rookie

bodymore's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetpac

We have? We haven't even seen Game-play of Madden 25 NG... But let's take a deeper look... Shall we??

Of course they have. Just look at the grass!
Old 11-01-2013, 03:36 PM   #29
Banned

OVR: 10

Seems like a lot of suction by the oline still and still no sacks?
Old 11-01-2013, 03:36 PM   #30
Pro

I just want to see 1 drive from a normal gameplay angle. I don't need a trailer to tell me what to look for specifically.

update: based on youtube comments, gamplay videos are "coming soon"

Last edited by dghustla; 11-01-2013 at 03:39 PM.
Old 11-01-2013, 03:37 PM   #31
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetpac

Damn, next gen TB12 got onto steroids :/ Telling ya man, that ish f's up your posture.

PS: Madden 25cg TB12 looks actually kinda cool imo
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2013, 03:38 PM   #32
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdm27

On the other side, I hope to gawd awareness plays a role on cpu qb's stepping up :/
This is usually where someone would insert an absurd comment like "I could care less about people that play the cpu"

But seeing I actually care about all areas of the game and want them to work...You will not ever hear that from me.

I think EA tries to give the user so much control that this often effects the way animations play out and the quality of the overall animations. When animations are perdominantly contextual they also eem to be more realistic and pleasing to the eye.

Sometimes other games rely too heavily on contextual animations limiting user control but the trade off is the animation itself will often look perfect. The other side of that is if you like having manual control over doing contextual animations can make you a slave to the animation.

EA needs to find the right balance but at the moment most people who enjoy Madden prefer to have that complete user control while many people who have problems with the game would rather have the CPU be in control while they marvel at the perfection of the animation. Nothing wrong wih either but if I was to choose a side I would prefer to have user an abundance over cpu controlled contextual animations.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »