Home

NBA 2K7: Looking Back At The Classic Hoops Sim

This is a discussion on NBA 2K7: Looking Back At The Classic Hoops Sim within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-04-2013, 09:28 PM   #17
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: NBA 2K7: Looking Back At The Classic Hoops Sim

Quote:
Originally Posted by mars5541
This is when 2k introduced signature styles. the most hype I've been on a game by far!
Yep, it's up there for me too. I had very limited means to get a next-gen console back then but I stretched things out and found a way just because NBA 2K7 and its signature styles blew my mind. Sig styles was a positively groundbreaking feature. It changed everything. I used to sit in the college library and look up videos of custom shots for all the different players (T.Prince, S.Nash, etc.). Great, great stuff.

In contrast, I haven't really seen anything on the next generation that's given me that feeling yet.
Old 11-04-2013, 09:32 PM   #18
Pro

OVR: 6

I bought 2K7 the same day PS3 was released.

Talk about impressed.

I remember doing a dunk with J-Rich against my cousin and we both looked at each other like:
Old 11-04-2013, 09:39 PM   #19
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
No love for 2K8? That's the first time I really remember being impressed by a next gen sports title in terms of gameplay.
Yep, both NBA2k8 and CH2k8 are still my favorite basketball games. Probably the 2 most complete games still to this day when it comes to dynasty and Association modes, without being a glitch fest like 2k's games have been the last few years. I would still play CH2k8 to this day if I had a xbox. I had to buy a PS3 because of being a baseball fan for MLBTS, and I bought CH2k8 for it, but the PS3 copy of CH2k8 was a joke, it constantly froze and just had to many issues, but the xbox version of CH2k8 was great, along with NBA2k8.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 11-05-2013, 12:40 AM   #20
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
NBA 2K7: Looking Back At The Classic Hoops Sim

2k8 would be my favorite if it weren't for the super long animations...and the fact you couldn't sub in your bench in practice mode...this wouldn't be a big deal but this was back when know signature shot release points was a MUST...so you had to practice....
Old 11-05-2013, 04:32 AM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 0
My favorite 2k of all time, i still play it and mess up with the rosters.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2013, 06:25 AM   #22
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

OVR: 22
I was a Live guy who played 2k on occasion up until 2k7. 2k7 was the game that brought me over to the 2k and I never looked back.
Old 11-05-2013, 09:19 AM   #23
MVP

scottyp180's Arena

OVR: 5
So many great memories of this game. I don't think I ever played a demo as much as I played the demo for this game. The signature shots and graphics blew my mind at the time. For me 2k7, 2k3, and 2k11 stand in my mind as the best of the 2ks, 2k13 is close to those ranks due to the improved controls. These games show their age a bit compared to the more recent games but at the time of their release they were top notch and easily the best basketball games available at the time.
Old 11-05-2013, 09:20 AM   #24
MVP

scottyp180's Arena

OVR: 5
So many great memories of this game. I don't think I ever played a demo as much as I played the demo for this game. The signature shots and graphics blew my mind at the time. For me 2k7, 2k3, and 2k11 stand in my mind as the best of the 2ks, 2k13 is close to those ranks due to the improved controls. These games show their age a bit compared to the more recent games but at the time of their release they were top notch and easily the best basketball games available at the time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »