Home

MLB '14: The Show is the 'First and Only' Next-Gen Baseball Sim

This is a discussion on MLB '14: The Show is the 'First and Only' Next-Gen Baseball Sim within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-04-2013, 10:15 PM   #9
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: MLB '14: The Show is the 'First and Only' Next-Gen Baseball Sim

Hopefully BF4 and NBA can hold me over until March.. I wish they would release it sooner.
Old 11-04-2013, 10:25 PM   #10
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersCruz
Can't wait for some more news

I can't believe 2k couldn't make a decent baseball game graphically compared to their basketball games
I might be the only one who thinks their 360/PS3 titles look the same visually. Not with animations, faces, venues, and accessories... but textures, lighting (however it is you can compare them since one game is indoors), and rendering they look identical.

If they "redo" everything going to next-gen and get the right people behind it, I don't think there is an excuse that it can't look like their basketball games.

I'm excited for The Show, but do wish Xbox had some baseball. I miss the days of eight games going out there on the shelves. Strange cover too, though I like the new font.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 11-04-2013, 10:29 PM   #11
Pro

legacyme3's Arena

OVR: 5
Is it March yet?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2013, 10:29 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
I might be the only one who thinks their 360/PS3 titles look the same visually. Not with animations, faces, venues, and accessories... but textures, lighting (however it is you can compare them since one game is indoors), and rendering they look identical.

If they "redo" everything going to next-gen and get the right people behind it, I don't think there is an excuse that it can't look like their basketball games.

I'm excited for The Show, but do wish Xbox had some baseball. I miss the days of eight games going out there on the shelves. Strange cover too, though I like the new font.
This is a bit OT but since Microsoft has no exclusive titles worth buying their machine for then why bother? Just get a Playstation.
Old 11-04-2013, 10:33 PM   #13
Pro

OVR: 24

I can't speak for Blzer but Killer Instinct is #2 on my interest list behing The Show, and iirc it's an Xbox exclusive.

There's a few other exclusives too.
Old 11-04-2013, 10:39 PM   #14
MVP

StormsWarning's Arena

OVR: 9

i'm FIRED UP FOR THE SHOW BABY LETS GO!!

this game has always been great, Russell & crew carry's such a high repp its not even funny, this will be game of the year imo!
Old 11-04-2013, 10:41 PM   #15
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhslancers
This is a bit OT but since Microsoft has no exclusive titles worth buying their machine for then why bother? Just get a Playstation.
I hope you don't think I'm getting an Xbox.

Super glad the Vita is getting 14, by the way. I wonder what Remote Play will be like where it might be worth still getting the Vita version if you're connected somewhere.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2013, 10:50 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobhead
I can't speak for Blzer but Killer Instinct is #2 on my interest list behing The Show, and iirc it's an Xbox exclusive.

There's a few other exclusives too.
OK but how many games can you play? I bought a 360 a year and some ago and regret doing that. Sony has more exclusives that I care about and the majority of the really good games are cross platform anyway. MS doesn't have any Sony or Naughty Dog games so that seals the deal for me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »