Home

NBA 2K14 Developers Love the PS4?

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 Developers Love the PS4? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2013, 03:29 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
NBA 2K14 Developers Love the PS4?

Well, according to Mike Wang, during a podcast with PlayStation.Blog, a couple of developers won't even touch the Xbox One.

Quote:
I love the PS4! I‘m a convert. I wasn’t a huge fan of the PS3 controller, but DualShock 4 is amazing, it feels perfect. I love the changes that Sony has done! The machine itself is ridiculous, it’s so powerful, so much easier to develop for. In the office it’s unanimous; we have a couple people who don’t play anything else now, they won’t touch Xbox One. We love the PS4, it’s a great system.

Mike will probably get some unwanted feedback from this and the Sony fanboys will have a field day, but let's not forget who he was talking to... a site dedicated to the PlayStation. I wonder what he'd say if he was talking to Major Nelson?

I'm sure he'll chime in soon to clear the air.

UPDATE: Mike Wang has checked in (Post #47).

Quote:
Yeah, just to be clear. I have nothing against XBOne. It's a great system. I was just trying to communicate that I like the PS4 much more than the PS3 (both in terms of development and the controller.) When I stated that I was a convert, it's because for the last 2 gens I've primarily been an Xbox gamer, but this gen I can see myself playing a lot of PS4.

The unanimous comment was NOT that the entire company or dev team favored PS4 over XB1, I was trying to say that everyone in the office agrees that the PS4 is a great system. That's all.

And yes, it's true that a couple people in the office are Sony fanboys and won't touch the Xbox 1... but it's also true that some people in the office are MS fanboys and won't touch the PS4.

Hope that clears some things up a bit.

UPDATE #2: (Post #134).

Quote:
Another thing I should add... just because I was praising Sony, that doesn't mean I don't also love what MS did with the Xbox One. The controller upgrades are really nice, especially the feel and function of the Impact triggers and analog sticks. A definite improvement over 360, which I also loved.

NBA 2K14 will look and play great on both systems... there's no "inferior" version. Just as all console wars, it will come down to the games, personal preferences, and what you're looking to get out of your console.

I wouldn't let anything I said in that interview sway you one way or the other... personally, I'm still on the fence as to which console to get first. But really, I don't think you can go wrong with either.

Source - Worlds Factory
Platform: PS4 / Xbox One
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2013, 03:30 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K14 Developers Love the PS4?

This is going to be interesting....

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk
Old 11-05-2013, 03:33 PM   #3
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

OVR: 10

The hardware inside matters it's easier for dev's to work with and more powerful im not a fan boy of either console but it was obvious which company cares for gamers more and which gave you more for less money.
Old 11-05-2013, 03:36 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

PS4 is going to get exclusive content also, seems as if Devs prefer the PS4 over the xbone. Sony had a strong partnership going way back with 2k sports.
Old 11-05-2013, 03:37 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 15

its possible to love many things at once. gaming isn't monogamous. Its polygamy, and its talking strictly on sony, the ps3 controller sucked. He likes the new one. he's keeping into perspective to the ps3 controller/ds4 controller. anyone who overreacts is reading too much into this.

I honestly don't know why this was posted, no disrespect. But this is almost flamebait, now the fanboys will enter this thread and run it amuck before its closed down.

Last edited by yungflo; 11-05-2013 at 04:06 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2013, 03:38 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

They also love the NBA but refuse to make the rosters as realistic as they can.

Seriously though im still going to get it on my xboxone. My ps4 will only play sony exclusives.
Old 11-05-2013, 03:43 PM   #7
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by yungflo
its possible to love many things at once. gaming isn't monogamous. Its polygaming, and its talking strictly on sony, the ps3 controller sucked. He likes the new one. he's keeping into perspective to the ps3 controller/ds4 controller. anyone who overreacts is reading too much into this.

I honestly don't know why this was posted, no disrespect. But this is almost flamebait, now the fanboys will enter this thread and run it amuck before its closed down.
Not exactly.

Quote:
"I love the PS4! I‘m a convert. I wasn’t a huge fan of the PS3 controller, but DualShock 4 is amazing, it feels perfect. I love the changes that Sony has done! The machine itself is ridiculous, it’s so powerful, so much easier to develop for. In the office it’s unanimous; we have a couple people who don’t play anything else now, they won’t touch Xbox One. We love the PS4, it’s a great system."
Old 11-05-2013, 03:44 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 0

Question to those who are getting the Xbox One. Why? There's literally no good reason to buy it over the PS4. What's funny is that it's €100 more expensive so you'd have to be a Microsoft fanboy to get that.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »