Home

MLB '14: The Show Just Saved Thousands of Careers

This is a discussion on MLB '14: The Show Just Saved Thousands of Careers within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-06-2013, 02:08 PM   #17
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69
Re: MLB '14: The Show Just Saved Thousands of Careers

Future edition saves... hands down the coolest thing. Too bad I have to wait until March of 2015 to use it! lol

Atlanta Braves
- Auburn Tigers - Carolina Panthers - Nashville Predators
Old 11-06-2013, 02:15 PM   #18
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
This is an amazing feature especially for MLB the Show. One of the things that would frustrate me is I could never make it through an entire season in my franchise. I don't like the computer simulating games for me so I play all of the Yankees games. Now I dont have to worry about finishing before the next game comes out. I wish I could take my current PS3 franchise and have it pull up in MLB the Show 14 on next gen so I can keep Mariano.
Old 11-06-2013, 02:46 PM   #19
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
I'm pretty sure it's going to go off your PREVIOUS game save file....which will have the "roster" with it. Just like from year to year now.....it's not looking for a new default roster to start. The new version will likely just convert the entire save file(rosters/sliders/coaches...etc) to the new version.

M.K.
Knight165
I think Dalger was asking more about the licensing.

If Derek Jeter, for example, retires at the end of the real life 2014 season, but he doesn't in my MLB 14 The Show Franchise, will the save transfer to MLB 15 The Show still have my Derek Jeter on it?

My best guess is yes; the game wouldn't try to distinguish the retirement from the roster slot. But Derek Jeter appearing in an MLB product without belonging to the MLBPA could possibly present an issue.

I'm not pretending to know the legalities of this, and I'm sure SCEA SD has a way to handle this already, but the question is an interesting one.

Last edited by Heroesandvillains; 11-06-2013 at 02:48 PM.
Old 11-06-2013, 02:49 PM   #20
Flip That Bat!

Entiae's Arena

OVR: 9

This sounds absolutely fantastic!
Old 11-06-2013, 02:54 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 1
i always dreamt that EA would do that and your guy was cross-game like he played in FIFA and Madden and the NHL. This has definitely made me want to buy the MLB The Show series!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2013, 02:55 PM   #22
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroesandvillains
I think Dalger was asking more about the licensing.

If Derek Jeter, for example, retires at the end of the real life 2014 season, but he doesn't in my MLB 14 The Show Franchise, will the save transfer to MLB 15 The Show still have my Derek Jeter on it?

My best guess is yes; the game wouldn't try to distinguish the retirement from the roster slot. But Derek Jeter appearing in an MLB product without belonging to the MLBPA could possibly present an issue.

I'm not pretending to know the legalities of this, and I'm sure SCEA SD has a way to handle this already, but the question is an interesting one.
He's not in the actual game when you get it. Just in your personal saved data. They aren't selling a disc with his information on it already. The new game will have updated rosters for all game modes, your personal saved data will be the only file any of the prior players appear in. Meaning only you will have access to that and they aren't needing the mlbpa approval because they had it from when that version was originally made.
Old 11-06-2013, 02:58 PM   #23
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwill33
He's not in the actual game when you get it. Just in your personal saved data. They aren't selling a disc with his information on it already. The new game will have updated rosters for all game modes, your personal saved data will be the only file any of the prior players appear in. Meaning only you will have access to that and they aren't needing the mlbpa approval because they had it from when that version was originally made.
I agree with you that this is how I expect it will be implemented, but unless I missed something, I don't think anyone knows for sure.

How you described it is what I hope for though, for sure.
Old 11-06-2013, 04:09 PM   #24
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Maybe that's how the future of the MLB will be?
People screamed that the Red Sox were too good in this years version when it came out.
SCEA predicts the future....embrace it.

M.K.
Knight165
Knight, you always have well thought out and insightful comments. I don't think I've ever seen you get into even a minor squabble on these forums and I respect your thoughts and ideas. However, I think we both know that's a bit of a stretch. If, in five years the lowest team batting average in the MLB is .307 and the best team ERA is 5.20 I'll be very, very surprised.

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »