Home

NBA Live 14 Hands-On Accounts from Around the Web

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Hands-On Accounts from Around the Web within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-07-2013, 11:49 AM   #9
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: NBA Live 14 Hands-On Accounts from Around the Web

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowld
As I said in another post, this years game is likely a WIP. The real competition will start with 2k15 and live 15
Which will probably already be too late. 2K already looks amazing on the first game out. If the gameplay is as good as advertised then they're just tweaking modes and fine tuning for the next few years. Nobody ever wants to admit it but visuals DO matter. Even if EA finally gets their gameplay down, they still will be way behind visually which is what matters to the casual crowd that have the dollars they want. They really need to hit the ground running this year.
Old 11-07-2013, 11:50 AM   #10
Rookie

josef's Arena

OVR: 5
Yeah, I feel like they should've just been bold and released this year's for $39.95 or something, just to get more people on board. I think it'll be a good product.. it just won't compare in the visuals to 2k.
Old 11-07-2013, 11:57 AM   #11
Rookie

MoultonHawk's Arena

OVR: 1
I wonder hoiw much time each of them had to play it. I bet it was 5-10 minutes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2013, 12:01 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by josef
Yeah, I feel like they should've just been bold and released this year's for $39.95 or something, just to get more people on board. I think it'll be a good product.. it just won't compare in the visuals to 2k.
Nba won't allow them to release disc based games under 59.99 MSRP.

That's why they wanted to go the XBL/PSN route last year. Cause they can offer it cheaper. But for disc based games, every game is uniformed price. another example is nba jam. Came out on XBL/PSN at 14, they released it on disc, came out full priced
Old 11-07-2013, 12:01 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 0
http://www.maxim.com/gaming/we-got-first-look-nba-live-14

"The first thing we noticed was the beautiful next-gen gameplay. The devs (“devs” refers to developers when you’re in the biz [“in the biz” means “in the business” when you’re in the biz]) felt like they were working with almost “unlimited memory” and assigned six signature moves to the top 50 players, each with their own unique animations."
Old 11-07-2013, 12:03 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo22
Live's big problem is that its going up against 2K, which looks phenomenal. Its also going to retail at the full $60 and the final point is that its coming out on next gen so people are going to expect something special.

So far, looks wise, its comparable with current gen. The first few 2K trailers made it look like next gen. Live needs a solid footing to kick on next year. Hopefully it gets that.

One thing that still amazes me is that we've yet to see video of a real game, none of this produced trailer stuff, true game footage is needed for people to get a true reflection of the game. You have to wonder that with only 2 weeks to go that EA havent shown anything yet. Its no wonder people have reservations about it.
Its graphics don't bother me so much, gameplay should always come first. Ever wonder why so many like playing old games? Its cause of the gameplay, not the graphics. Graphics never last over time, but gameplay does. Even great as NBA2k14 next gen is going to look, by NBA2k17 the graphics will look out dated, and if NBA Live is still going head to head by then, it will mostly likely look just as good.

Also people need to remember, the more you hate on NBA Live the more likely we wont see a 2nd NBA game on the market, the best thing for NBA2k is competition, cause it makes every game better.

I'm no fanboy, and I been with NBA2k since NBA2k on the DC, I was never a NBA Live guy at least since the great NBA Live 99 game on PS1, but I so want to see NBA Live be a success. I don't understand how 2k fanboys want Live to fail so badly, go away and never come back, when at the same time they wish and dream NFL 2k would come back.

Back to topic, if NBA Live was below $60 people would look at it as being a cheap game, yet the same time people will complain that its $60, but also if the game were only $20 many would buy it, but also many would wonder why they should buy a $20 or even $40 game that might not be a full blown next gen game. Remember Live has a full demo for the launch day, so it wont take much to make up your mind if its good or not.
Old 11-07-2013, 12:12 PM   #15
MVP

bigball12's Arena

OVR: 12

This may seem over exaggerated to some, but I honestly cannot begin to muster the GREAT disappointment in the lack of team play online. As an isolated team up player on 2K, I was expecting to have some great times on Live's versions of the original "team play". With those thoughts now crushed, I cannot see myself purchasing the title.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2013, 12:16 PM   #16
JB4MVP

JODYE's Arena

OVR: 8

Really, none of these comments tell me anything other than the game is functional.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »