Home

WWE 2K14 Review (360/PS3)

This is a discussion on WWE 2K14 Review (360/PS3) within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-04-2013, 11:19 PM   #9
Rookie

WhiteMan22's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: WWE 2K14 Review (360/PS3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanksfan216
Sooo SummerSlam mode next year? Or go big and have Summer Slam, Survivor Series and Royal Rumble Moments to play out?
They should just stop with those kind of modes. They were fun and all, but we need a full focus GM type mode.

If anything, they could add a myplayer mode similar to NBA2K but I'm not sure how it would work in regards to wrestling.
Old 11-05-2013, 05:10 AM   #10
MVP

R9NALD9's Arena

OVR: 16

Don't agree at all with the score.

I would happily give WWE 2k14 a 9.

The gameplay is probably the best it's been since Shut Your Mouth in 2006 with the AI being aggressive and using their signature moves accurately.

The AI is so much improved that in one match against Randy Savage he did his signature move on me, and now had a finisher stored. Problem was I was out on the floor and blocking his path to the turnbuckle. He exited the ring and walked on the apron to the corner, climbed the turnbuckle and did his finisher. I can't remember when last I saw AI this great in a wrestling game.

The gameplay is insanely fun, and I've replayed a lot of the 30YWM matches just because of how fun they were, especially the Razor Shawn Michaels ladder match. I'm only at WM16 but know for sure I'll be replaying the mode at least one more time.

The matches flow very nicely, and the reversal system is perfect except that they could still make a bit harder for the user to counter. That can be done in sliders though, haven't tried as yet.

I can easily recommend WWE 2k14 to any old, current or new wrestling fan. I haven't watched wrestling since 2006, and only started watching it in 94...but still enjoyed the 80's WM stuff. It's very well presented!

Plus the roster is the best we will ever have in a wrestling game! Rumors are that this might be the last game to feature Hogan. Plus you have NWO fully featured, Savege, Warrior, Austin, Rock, Goldberg, Batista, Razor, Diesel, Bret Hart, Yokozuna etc.

This game took me away from GTA 5...that says it all.
Old 11-05-2013, 09:23 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by R9NALD9
Don't agree at all with the score.

I would happily give WWE 2k14 a 9.

The gameplay is probably the best it's been since Shut Your Mouth in 2006 with the AI being aggressive and using their signature moves accurately.

The AI is so much improved that in one match against Randy Savage he did his signature move on me, and now had a finisher stored. Problem was I was out on the floor and blocking his path to the turnbuckle. He exited the ring and walked on the apron to the corner, climbed the turnbuckle and did his finisher. I can't remember when last I saw AI this great in a wrestling game.

The gameplay is insanely fun, and I've replayed a lot of the 30YWM matches just because of how fun they were, especially the Razor Shawn Michaels ladder match. I'm only at WM16 but know for sure I'll be replaying the mode at least one more time.

The matches flow very nicely, and the reversal system is perfect except that they could still make a bit harder for the user to counter. That can be done in sliders though, haven't tried as yet.

I can easily recommend WWE 2k14 to any old, current or new wrestling fan. I haven't watched wrestling since 2006, and only started watching it in 94...but still enjoyed the 80's WM stuff. It's very well presented!

Plus the roster is the best we will ever have in a wrestling game! Rumors are that this might be the last game to feature Hogan. Plus you have NWO fully featured, Savege, Warrior, Austin, Rock, Goldberg, Batista, Razor, Diesel, Bret Hart, Yokozuna etc.

This game took me away from GTA 5...that says it all.
Agreed, this is the best wrestling game ever made. I've played countless hours and I still win maybe half my matches on hard and every match is unpredictable. I've won matches where I have gotten my *** kicked most of the time and lost matches where I controlled most of it. And this is mostly with default sliders

Gameplay and AI is the bread and butter of any sports game and WWE2k14 simply nailed it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2013, 11:49 AM   #12
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

There are certain things about the AI that I hope to see improve going forward - I think that high-flyers should try top-rope / high-risk attacks more often, for example, and I'm noticing AI wrestlers tend to use their comeback ability relatively early in the match and often unsuccessfully - but in general I agree that the AI is much better this year. Its attack approach is more varied, it is more aggressive, and it executes OMG moments more organically rather than forcing the issue whenever it has a stored special.
Old 11-05-2013, 08:43 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 1
why no mention of cut scenes in universe mode?
were there any new ones and such?
Old 11-07-2013, 10:31 PM   #14
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

OVR: 0
The problem fo mer with WWE 2k14 is that underneath the shiny coat of paint and the nostagic reminders of my youth this is still the same exact game I have been playing for years now. Everything feels exactly the same with a few minor tweaks (reversals). That is not necessarily a bad thing but it just doesn't warrant me spending $60 on it, this is the type of game I will wait a few months to buy if it I buy it at all.
Old 11-08-2013, 09:22 AM   #15
MVP

DBMcGee3's Arena

OVR: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
The problem fo mer with WWE 2k14 is that underneath the shiny coat of paint and the nostagic reminders of my youth this is still the same exact game I have been playing for years now. Everything feels exactly the same with a few minor tweaks (reversals). That is not necessarily a bad thing but it just doesn't warrant me spending $60 on it, this is the type of game I will wait a few months to buy if it I buy it at all.
I couldn't disagree more man, with all due respect. The computer AI alone is such a huge improvement that it's a night and day difference for me. Also, the customization options are much, much better this year and 2k's servers are lightning fast compared to previous years, making it very easy to search and download any CAW, arena, etc that your heart desires. I've just been playing the WM mode on hard (default sliders), and it has been incredibly enjoyable. I probably win more than I lose, but it always feels fair and there are several exciting moments in each match that just didn't happen as frequently with the dumbed down AI in the past. Nice to know that I'm getting fun, competitive matches and I still have another difficulty level to bump up to if needed. Best wrestling game ever made by far, sorry No Mercy.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »