Home

FIFA 14 Next-Gen Gameplay Video - Milan vs. Arsenal

This is a discussion on FIFA 14 Next-Gen Gameplay Video - Milan vs. Arsenal within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-09-2013, 12:27 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 1
Re: FIFA 14 Next-Gen Gameplay Video - Milan vs. Arsenal

Updated presentation indeed... thats about it
Old 11-09-2013, 12:36 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnemi
Exactly, looks totally idiotic the way these guys play it, but I think it has something to do with my previous post, too. Tackling is way too overpowered and nonsensical in FIFA '14.
Agreed, but I doubt that EA paid attention to these details in near future.
The main problem with Fifa (not these guys) that it has no ball play in the middle of the field. Look at this ugly passing system, players don't even try to trap the ball just ping-pong it to each other, it's awfull. I don't care about living world and graphics while these kind of things looks so unnatural.
"It just got unreal"

Last edited by Artur; 11-09-2013 at 12:56 PM.
Old 11-09-2013, 01:32 PM   #11
Pro

Hard to tell if there are major graphical improvements on a small compressed video and because the game is played at such a wide angle. I can tell you though that current gen players during gameplay can look very jaggy especially in the rain so I am really hoping it is cleared up next gen and that one can actually read the numbers on the uniforms clearly.

Gameplay wise this didn't show much but mostly because of the way these guys are playing with the ping pong passing and constant sprinting both offensively and defensively. It is really annoying that anytime we get an early look at the next gen sports games the players seem to have no understanding of realistic tactics. I play a slower possession style with a lot of skill moves and dice people up so trust me when I say it is possible to take a much more realistic approach. I was hoping to see some of these new instinct triggered animations but really couldn't tell, again probably because of the annoying spam play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2013, 01:42 PM   #12
Pro

@Artur, there really is midfield play if you choose to play that way. It is just a more patient and skillful based way to play so most players do not take the time to learn it properly. I think mostly because of the history of Fifa in which legacy defending with its laser beam homing style forced people to play very quickly. With tactical defending though it was drastically changed. However though the game became way more realistic most players continued to play with the same sprint ping pong run up the side and cross style.

Its rewarding to learn the nuances of skill moves and patiently finding openings to exploit, just make sure if you are playing h2h unranked games your opponent isn't using legacy defending and you will get a much more well paced game. If they try that run full out at you defense then it is easy to exploit and get around with a bit of skill.

In h2h unranked if someone is using legacy d I don't even bother playing anymore because it just annoys me to the point where the game is very unfun even if I am winning.
Old 11-09-2013, 02:02 PM   #13
Banned

dukebeatsuncagain's Arena

OVR: 24
Does not look impressive at all.
Old 11-09-2013, 02:37 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 10
It was fun. Played the demo at Best Buy. Im not a diehard FIFA player but I enjoy the series and the demo confirmed my decision to buy the game next week. For all you curious, its the same old FIFA for the most part. The AI was a little suspect a few times, but overall I had a lot of fun and will be buying it Friday.
Old 11-09-2013, 03:03 PM   #15
Rookie

eaw913's Arena

OVR: 1
This forum needs to change its name to Operation Negativity.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2013, 03:32 PM   #16
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by UptheARSEnal
have you even played that half finished Konami nonsense?
I was extremely excited to play both PES14 and FIFA14's demo, and ultimately bought PES.

PES14 was the first ever soccer game I have ever bought for the current generation systems. It is one of the most realistic sports game I have ever encountered, visually and gameplay wise. PES match pacing, animation, lighting is superior.

I vowed not to buy any more games for the PS3, but I simply couldn't pass up on a video game that realistically depicts the sport. This is one of the reason why I am keeping my PS3.
Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »