Home

FIFA 14 Next-Gen Gameplay Video - Milan vs. Arsenal

This is a discussion on FIFA 14 Next-Gen Gameplay Video - Milan vs. Arsenal within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-09-2013, 03:39 PM   #17
ERA
MVP

ERA's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: FIFA 14 Next-Gen Gameplay Video - Milan vs. Arsenal

Trust me guys, this video does this game no justice whatsoever. I played it at the Sony Kiosk and it looked and played phenomenal. It felt similar to CG but it just felt more natural. It's one of those games that you play and feel it rather than see it. The animations are so fluid in person, and the graphics look noticeably better in person.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk now Free

Chelsea FC
Old 11-09-2013, 04:34 PM   #18
Rookie

BIGE888's Arena

OVR: 2
This is a joke. Its an arcade game not a simulation. Maybe to some causal fans it looks pretty cool but in reality its like this is supposed to be the NFL Blitz to Madden but there is no Madden. Follow me?
Old 11-09-2013, 04:53 PM   #19
Banned

Profit89's Arena

OVR: 8
Tbh, I have PES2014 on PC on highest settings and SweetFX patch, and this Fifa NG comes nowhere near it. They may call it "next-gen" Fifa, but that means nothing. The lighting is better though no doubt.
Old 11-09-2013, 05:21 PM   #20
MVP

CarryTheWeight's Arena

OVR: 30

Well, my second, extended play of the demo tonight on a PS4 kiosk at Gamestop felt like more of the same.

I'm almost convinced this is an enhanced PC port rather than a brand-new experience, for better or worse. I say "enhanced" because, yes, it is better in certain areas. Animations and fluidity of motion are better. Crowds are much better and react amazingly well to what's going on. Real-time presentation is probably the most noticeable change and it is great.

While I don't see all the negativity surrounding the game on OS, there's still no doubt that the novelty of my first play at the Sony Store certainly wore off after leaving Gamestop. It may be the demo, but the texture and graphical fidelity from a few inches away in full 1080P left a lot to be desired. Jaggies and compressed uniform textures were prevalent. Player faces were excellent for scanned players, awful for generically-modeled ones.

Living Worlds is by far the most noticeable next-gen element. The crowd looks and sounds excellent. They begin to stand up when a ball heads toward net on nearly every shot and burst into jubilation when it goes in, sitting back down when it misses. The players react accordingly. Fernandinho missed a close shot in the 90th minute and stood with his hands on his head in disbelief. David Silva, alone on the wing, shook his head and looked genuinely depressed. The replays capture a lot of this emotion and it's a huge step up.

However, replays only do so much for me if the game begins to feel like the same stale experience it's been on PC and the current generation of consoles. Click the PS4 touchpad and the game shifts to the "Pro" camera from the goalie's perspective. That would be a nice touch if the framerate didn't instantly drop down to 30 fps. Inexcusable as to why this quirk from current gen was seemingly left in untouched. Everything else from replays to gameplay runs at a solid 60 FPS, so why this quirk with the "Pro" camera remains seems off.

This video and tonight's demo session certainly left me feeling underwhelmed. I love what they did with the atmosphere but I fear it may not be enough, even for someone who has been as enthusiastic about this game as I have. Then again, I'm pretty sure the kiosk demo is from an ancient build so things may have been tweaked. Who knows, really. We'll see on release day.

Last edited by CarryTheWeight; 11-09-2013 at 05:45 PM.
Old 11-09-2013, 05:34 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 0
just as Paula responded I am in shock that you able to get paid $7450 in 4 weeks on the internet. find here.............. JOBS61.¢øm
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2013, 06:36 PM   #22
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

I'm usually pretty critical of FIFA and I thought this one looked pretty solid.

However, EA really needs to work on facial expressions. If you're gonna invest all that $ in better tech for visuals than when they pan close in on them they need to be reacting in a realistic manner according to the circumstances/environment.

2K seems to have embraced this for NBA 2K14 on NG.
Old 11-09-2013, 07:19 PM   #23
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47

I thought FIFA promised replays during the game of significant goals that happened earlier on? Similar to what MLB the Show does when they show homeruns that were hit in earlier innings.

The crowd looked very good. But the blimp flyovers were done by Madden this generation so that isn't groundbreaking by any means.

2K Sports has set the bar soooo high.

Meh. That was kind of lackluster. I expect more.

EDIT: I watched a video from another thread and I saw more animations than current gen. Crisis averted.

Last edited by LingeringRegime; 11-10-2013 at 10:33 AM.
Old 11-09-2013, 07:27 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 0
I swear soccer is the single most boring sport next to golf to me. Pass.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »