Home

NBA 2K14 Will Support Remote Play on the PS4

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 Will Support Remote Play on the PS4 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-09-2013, 08:38 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 8
Re: NBA 2K14 Will Support Remote Play on the PS4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
Think I might get a Vita with this generation of systems. Not that i'll do much of my actual gameplaying on it but it would be nice to be able to do the in between stuff when i'm on the run.
I don't think it works this way. Your vita has to be close to your ps4 and the wi-fi spot.
Old 11-09-2013, 08:41 PM   #18
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Im not sure you have to be near the system but it does work via wifi and being on the same network is probably the best way to play without it being connection problems.
Old 11-10-2013, 12:03 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 0

Really loving this feature. Only problem might be that I have to keep the game disc in the PS4 in order to play the game. Anyone know if leaving the disc in the console for an extended period of time, even when its turned off, is bad for the disc?
Old 11-10-2013, 02:51 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 1
That's awesome too bad i won't get a Vita until remote play doesn't become something you must do in the same wifi as the PS4. On another note. ANOTHER 50 GB HDD. Okay is this instal game data or install the whole game??
Old 11-10-2013, 03:48 AM   #21
Rookie

dre2's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeShow16
Really loving this feature. Only problem might be that I have to keep the game disc in the PS4 in order to play the game. Anyone know if leaving the disc in the console for an extended period of time, even when its turned off, is bad for the disc?
With next-gen the games are installed (not sure but I think mandatory since they are huge, NBA 2K14 will be 43 Gb install), but either way the disc shouldn't even be spinning and like installs on current gen will just need to be in the system to prevent piracy but shouldn't be spinning at all so no danger to the disc itself.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2013, 11:04 PM   #22
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersonic_BR
I don't think it works this way. Your vita has to be close to your ps4 and the wi-fi spot.
i saw some video i think from E3 about how they want you to be able to be connected to your game at all times whether its through the ps4 or vita. So there's gotta be a way as long as you're connected. I believe they offer a 3G like network.
Old 11-11-2013, 09:49 AM   #23
Rookie

asitter's Arena

Xbox guy here, so pardon my lack of knowledge, but how exactly does this work? Do you have the PS4 on, and then the Vita acts as a controller and a screen only? So all of the processing is done at the PS4? So essentially, the Vita is a wireless monitor and a controller, nothing more? If so, that is awesome.
Old 11-11-2013, 11:33 AM   #24
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by asitter
Xbox guy here, so pardon my lack of knowledge, but how exactly does this work? Do you have the PS4 on, and then the Vita acts as a controller and a screen only? So all of the processing is done at the PS4? So essentially, the Vita is a wireless monitor and a controller, nothing more? If so, that is awesome.
Yes.

There are some other things that are different with PS3 and PS4 regarding Remote Play I'm sure. In fact, now I think it's called PS4-Link... unless that's just for playing a PS4 game with the Vita as a controller (minus the "wireless monitor" aspect).

But with PS3, you can choose to connect locally (private network) or via Internet. PN is the only one that works well on PS3 if you wanted to actually play something. Through the Internet (not using the same router or something, and being very far away) you can turn on your PS3 and sync up from your Vita, whereas this isn't possible through PN. However, like I said, it's probably only good for a small set of things. I've hardly used that though.

For PS4, the hardware will be better and the support with games will make this possible. I can't wait to see how it works, especially when I get my own PS4!
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »