Home

2K Halftime Announcer Damon Bruce in Hot Water Over Rant on Women

This is a discussion on 2K Halftime Announcer Damon Bruce in Hot Water Over Rant on Women within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-11-2013, 11:06 AM   #17
Banned

OVR: 3
Re: 2K Halftime Announcer Damon Bruce in Hot Water Over Rant on Women

This may sound harsh, but can't he easily be replaced?

EDIT: you would have to find an announcer willing to read all that info about every team, score, player, etc, so maybe not
Old 11-11-2013, 11:07 AM   #18
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by yungflo
Well his knowledge doesn't come off in the game. 2k is going for the brief halftime look it seems. So if they are going that route, bring in some one that's at least entertaining during that short time. Bruce is "known" on the west coast. I'm pretty sure that many people haven't heard of him unless they are diehard sports podcast listeners or on the central or west coast

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
What knowledge are you looking to get from a 2 minute halftime show? Did you learn a lot from "Kenny's Pictures" back when he was doing the halftime show? At least Bruce sounded professional....
Old 11-11-2013, 11:11 AM   #19
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
What knowledge are you looking to get from a 2 minute halftime show? Did you learn a lot from "Kenny's Pictures" back when he was doing the halftime show? At least Bruce sounded professional....
I'm not looking for any knowledge on a two min clip, I'm looking to be entertained. That's why I said what I said. If its going to be short at least be entertaining.

Old 11-11-2013, 11:12 AM   #20
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
They entertain the question a lot including stern. Saying it was a strong possibility. With the maybes and so forth.That's something IMO that should be quickly shot down. Men and women shouldn't play together. That's just my opinion.

As you can see from this issue right now it would be complete stupidity to just shoot it down and not entertain the question and lose any female viewership the NBA has. Money is money. There is pretty much no chance you will ever see intergender basketball teams in the NBA, MLB, NFL, NHL or just about any other top pro sports league in the country outside of NASCAR and the PGA tour. Answering questions about something and actually doing it are two different things. David Stern gives lip service to the people of Seattle too and we see how he feels about them.
Old 11-11-2013, 11:16 AM   #21
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Damon Bruce is "known"...and while he doesn't yell "Birdman Birdman", he's very knowledgable about the game....
I would rather have Bruce truth be told. I can't see Kenny and Barkley doing a lot of lines, plus who knows how they will act in the recording studio? Bruce plays games so he knows the deal.

Besides, you know that Kenny and Barkley aren't going to do ****, if they don't get PAID.

Last edited by LingeringRegime; 11-11-2013 at 11:20 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2013, 11:21 AM   #22
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouse
This may sound harsh, but can't he easily be replaced?

EDIT: you would have to find an announcer willing to read all that info about every team, score, player, etc, so maybe not
Your statement isn't harsh at all, and he probably could be. 2K is stationed in San Rafael though I believe, so Bruce is somebody local enough to bring over for more lines if necessary. That helps make things easier.

However, your statement is a reflection of the video game, and not his career. Can he be easily replaced on KNBR? Ehhhh I'm going to miss Bruce a lot if he's fired. He's already been brought over to the sister station because he's not a homer for S.F. sports, and now that there are complainers KNBR might have to cover themselves again because of this segment? It's just too bad.

Again though, if we're talking about NBA 2K, I'm sure they'll have no problem getting someone else for next year. I certainly hope this doesn't mean they scrap the halftime show if they don't get somebody, though. Or I hope they just keep Damon.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 11-11-2013, 11:24 AM   #23
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
They entertain the question a lot including stern. Saying it was a strong possibility. With the maybes and so forth.That's something IMO that should be quickly shot down. Men and women shouldn't play together. That's just my opinion.
It was a joke. When Cuban said he would take that tall girl who can dunk in the draft, he was obviously being unserious. It's just something that ESPN can use as a talking-point when they're having a slow news day.
Old 11-11-2013, 11:34 AM   #24
Rookie

UnusualMattyB's Arena

OVR: 12
The WNBA IS awful. I would rather watch middle school boys basketball. AND...Why do we care so much about an opinion? That is why you hire someone to do your radio show. He didn't say anything untrue. If you are so worried about offending people, what about those people that are offended by the people that get offended by an opinion? So ridiculous. I'm fine with the WNBA being an option for ladies but don't pretend like it needs to matter to people. I am allowed to be bored by the WNBA and so is Damon Bruce. It isn't fun to watch ladies trying to act like men in any setting, let alone sports.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »