Home

Operation Sports - Press Row Podcast: NBA Live 14 Hands-On

This is a discussion on Operation Sports - Press Row Podcast: NBA Live 14 Hands-On within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-11-2013, 07:46 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Operation Sports - Press Row Podcast: NBA Live 14 Hands-On

To gear up for the release of two next-generation consoles in the next two weeks – and the first release of an NBA Live title in four years - Episode 56 of the Press Row Podcast features a complete, unedited recording of host Rich Grisham’s (@richgrisham) sit-down with three NBA Live development team members for the first hands-on play time with the game. You’ll hear Executive Producer Sean O’Brien’s (@seanobs) take on the state of the franchise, producer Ryan Ferwerda (@ryanferwerda) go through all of the game’s features, and designer Scott O’Gallagher (@scottogallagher) take Rich through the controls and play a couple of games. It’s a fascinating peek into how the game is slowly breaking out of its mystery-shrouded shell as it prepares for release on November 19th.

NOTE: Sean mentions the demo will be available at launch of the PS4, that was later corrected. The NBA Live 14 demo will arrive on the same day it hits store shelves, November 19th.

Send us your feedback! We love to hear from you and can’t wait to read your stuff on the air in a future episode. Do it one of these ways:

1) Follow the show on Twitter at @PressRowPodcast and send us some Tweets while you’re there
2) Email the show at [email protected]
3) Respond to this post

Also, the Press Row Podcast is now available on iTunes (https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...ow/id563624090) and Stitcher Radio (http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/oper...ss-row-podcast), so subscribe to it and rate it too!

Lastly, be sure to check out our friends at Weekend Confirmed right here: http://www.shacknews.com/tag/weekend-confirmed. If you’re not already a listener, give it a shot. We’re all big fans!

Enjoy the show!

Run Time: 1 Hour, 18 Minutes

If you can't view or listen to the embedded player below, please click here.

Platform: PS4 / Xbox One
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2013, 08:10 PM   #2
Pro

bowld's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Operation Sports - Press Row Podcast: NBA Live 14 Hands-On

Just listened to portions of this. At the 1 hour, 14 minute mark the dev's clearly state they aren't totally in love with the game and are excited for 2015 and 2016. I figured this game was a WIP and this confirmed it which is likely why they arent showing videos.
Old 11-11-2013, 08:17 PM   #3
MVP

BiggD's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowld
Just listened to portions of this. At the 1 hour, 14 minute mark the dev's clearly state they aren't totally in love with the game and are excited for 2015 and 2016. I figured this game was a WIP and this confirmed it which is likely why they arent showing videos.
I just don't get EA, how many years does it take????? seriously you can't expect the consumer to keep throwing there money at you cause its EA SPORTS and we are working towards something in 3 years!!! get real, you have been saying that for 4 years already
3.Blake Griffin
4.Ben Wallace
5.Shawn Kemp
Old 11-11-2013, 08:47 PM   #4
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD
I just don't get EA, how many years does it take????? seriously you can't expect the consumer to keep throwing there money at you cause its EA SPORTS and we are working towards something in 3 years!!! get real, you have been saying that for 4 years already
Longer than that, but point taken.

I'll still download the demo and give it a try. I still have the Elite demo on my 360, so I'll definitely give them a shot.
Old 11-11-2013, 08:58 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0
We can't see the game yet we can hear that it still doesn't sound good. Classic EA commentary
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2013, 08:58 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD
Well seeing that each year they started new and didn't continue from where they left off they got one year of development like 2k
Old 11-11-2013, 09:09 PM   #7
Rookie

jarvis1104's Arena

He said he was proud but not satisfied, I see no problem with this. I have no intentions to buy the game but considering where they started from, EA has probably made a lot of progress. Wouldn't expect him to be as confident as 2k the first time around.
Old 11-11-2013, 09:29 PM   #8
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37

-No Practice Mode
-Commentary has tons of dead air. Sounds like Jeff Van Gundy only speaks when there is a scored basket.
-Halftime sounds long which is good.
-The coach mic'd up at halftime sounds good.
-Scott O'Gallagher sounds like he added a lot of controls than was in Live 10 (Euro Step was double-tap on the Y button).
-The guy playing/reviewing it didn't sound impressed with the animations. He specifically asked if they would update the animations after the game is released.
-There is a 7-game playoff series mode that you can play head-to-head online with someone else.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »