Home

Operation Sports - Press Row Podcast: NBA Live 14 Hands-On

This is a discussion on Operation Sports - Press Row Podcast: NBA Live 14 Hands-On within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-11-2013, 09:33 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Well I like how people listened to bits and pieces of the podcast and only picking out the bad. 2k fans want live to fail so bad why can't w have two good basketball games
Old 11-11-2013, 09:44 PM   #10
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: Operation Sports - Press Row Podcast: NBA Live 14 Hands-On

Quote:
Originally Posted by grodtooreal
Well I like how people listened to bits and pieces of the podcast and only picking out the bad. 2k fans want live to fail so bad why can't w have two good basketball games
Are you referring to me?

And did you listen to it?
Old 11-11-2013, 09:47 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush
-No Practice Mode
-Commentary has tons of dead air. Sounds like Jeff Van Gundy only speaks when there is a scored basket.
-Halftime sounds long which is good.
-The coach mic'd up at halftime sounds good.
-Scott O'Gallagher sounds like he added a lot of controls than was in Live 10 (Euro Step was double-tap on the Y button).
-The guy playing/reviewing it didn't sound impressed with the animations. He specifically asked if they would update the animations after the game is released.
-There is a 7-game playoff series mode that you can play head-to-head online with someone else.
Hi guys - Rich here. I want to make an important note here.

The sections of "dead air" you hear when we first start are because they turned off the rules of the game (i.e. no shot clock) so Scott could show me all the moves. So for long stretches of time there's no commentary because nothing is happening of interest on the court.

Once the rules get turned on, you hear Breen and Van Gundy's commentary pick up noticeably.

Of all the things I was impressed with, the overall presentation and commentary were at the top of the list.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2013, 09:49 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 8
That's what I thought what happen cause I actually listen to everything that was going on...smh some on hear lol
Old 11-11-2013, 09:53 PM   #13
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by richgrisham
Hi guys - Rich here. I want to make an important note here.

The sections of "dead air" you hear when we first start are because they turned off the rules of the game (i.e. no shot clock) so Scott could show me all the moves. So for long stretches of time there's no commentary because nothing is happening of interest on the court.

Once the rules get turned on, you hear Breen and Van Gundy's commentary pick up noticeably.

Of all the things I was impressed with, the overall presentation and commentary were at the top of the list.
Thanks for clarifying.

Can you address the animations? Why did you ask if they could update animations after release? Were the animations not up to par because that's exactly what it sounded like.
Old 11-11-2013, 09:54 PM   #14
Banned

ThaLiveKing's Arena

OVR: 3
Thanks for the podcast, the game audio definitely sounds good!! was listening to it through my system, defense chants sound amazing lol!!! The way the ball goes in the basket sounds like how it supposed to sound (Thank God) ... Just need to see it in action.
Old 11-11-2013, 09:57 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 9

The game sounds incredibly deep. The controls especially. It seems like we will have a ton of little things to learn and work with, which is nice.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2013, 09:59 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush
Thanks for clarifying.

Can you address the animations? Why did you ask if they could update animations after release? Were the animations not up to par because that's exactly what it sounded like.
Sure. While the game played smoothly from possession to shot as you move across the court, I noticed that things got a bit shaky camera-wise and animation-wise during the moments when players were going for rebounds. That seems to be when the absolute most is happening on the screen at once and was the roughest part of my time with the game. If they're able to smooth that out post-launch, that will address my biggest concern.

Based on what I played, though, I am excited to have my hands on the full game. There's a lot going on, and, as you can tell, the guys are passionate about their game.

I love NBA 2K too, and more than anything I am excited for two next-gen basketball games. Perhaps that's coloring my opinion a bit, but everyone will have it in their hands in a week. So there's that!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »