Home

Madden NFL 25: Hands-On Impressions from Polygon

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 25: Hands-On Impressions from Polygon within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-12-2013, 10:53 AM   #17
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Polygon does a short write up with some hands on impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfctillidie
Funny how for years we chirped EA stating "spend more development, less on marketing"

So they under market (in our opinion's) Next Gen...and we yell about it.

The marketing they attempted with MNF videos were so bad they took the them down within the hour and abandoned it after 2 weeks. It wasn't that they spent less, it was that they failed to impress anyone.
Old 11-12-2013, 10:56 AM   #18
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Polygon does a short write up with some hands on impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only1LT
I'm pretty sure there is a lot of sarcasm in this post, but just in case I'm mistaken, no one considers actual gameplay videos to be marketing. The marketing that people don't want is PowerPoints, Catch Phrases, and sizzle reels that don't represent the actual product.

You can never get enough gameplay footage of any game before making a purchase.
Yes sarcasm, light heartedness, a laugh. Something rare around these parts.

I tried.

Old 11-12-2013, 11:01 AM   #19
Rookie

carvis#15's Arena

Look man...if they don't hurry up and show this gameplay. "This ain't paperview baby!" (Chris Smoove voice)
Old 11-12-2013, 11:06 AM   #20
Pro

soonermagic88's Arena

OVR: 6
As someone who has been very critical of EA football over the past few year, i must say I am liking what Im hearing.
That being said, I still gotta see it to believe it and the no gameplay vids isnt settling well with me.
Regardless, it will be a release day buy for me.
Old 11-12-2013, 11:18 AM   #21
Banned

slgrant's Arena

If you guys want EA to change, the power is in you, the consumer. Get them where it hurts and that's in the pocket.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2013, 11:29 AM   #22
Rookie

eaw913's Arena

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by slgrant
If you guys want EA to change, the power is in you, the consumer. Get them where it hurts and that's in the pocket.
This is ignorance. Do you really think a handful of people not buying the game will hurt them? It will still sell insane amounts of copies because the majority of people buying just want a football game.
Old 11-12-2013, 11:39 AM   #23
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

Re: Madden NFL 25: Hands-On Impressions from Polygon

"Action on the defensive side of the ball is mostly similar, although we were able to generate a better pass rush than in the current-gen version of the game."

I like the creation of a pocket and the fan and sideline action, but it concerns me that generally the, " defensive side of the ball is mostly similar."
Old 11-12-2013, 11:41 AM   #24
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Madden NFL 25: Hands-On Impressions from Polygon

Even if this review is spot on, it still seems like very minimal, though needed, improvement. I think it was Pasta that stated it's hard to really tell what exactly they added to next-gen M25 that couldn't have been somehow done on current gen, besides the graphical detail. Not to mention that the reviewer failed to notice any defensive upgrades in the secondary/coverage, even though Rex stated there would be but maybe they didn't play enough.

I'm actually not knocking getting the game because the way I see it is that next-gen M25 is a slight upgrade on current gen, so if you can tolerate Madden might as well get the "best" one, if possible. However after going through 9 years of wasted potential, it's frustrating seeing a new console generation launch this underwhelming. All while having EA Tiburon spin it as if all the focus went into game play and under the hood to lay a solid foundation. Problem is that doesn't explain why so many things separate from game play and on field AI weren't upgraded like broadcast presentation and CFM. Also I'm willing to bet the off field/team management AI is identical to current gen, which would completely contradict any claim that "under the hood" was a focus, outside of game play but whatever.

Maybe they really bring it next year but I suspect it will be more of the same unless there is a drastic change due to March 2014.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »