Home

FIFA Soccer 14 Next-Gen (PS4) Impressions

This is a discussion on FIFA Soccer 14 Next-Gen (PS4) Impressions within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-15-2013, 11:22 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
FIFA Soccer 14 Next-Gen (PS4) Impressions

In what is turning out to be, thus far, the biggest critical success of the next-gen launch season -- FIFA Soccer 14 is now in the hands of tons of gamers who have bought PS4s.

What do you think of the next-gen game? Share your impressions below!
Platform: PS4
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2013, 03:04 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
No impressions?
Old 11-15-2013, 03:07 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4
Location: Richmond, VA, but I am from Spain...you know, that country that McCain thinks is in SouthAmerica lol
A little weird considering it is sold out in a lot of places.
Old 11-15-2013, 03:22 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: FIFA Soccer 14 Next-Gen (PS4) Impressions

This is what a next gen game should be. The graphics are nice, as expected. But, its all the little things that make it stand out. Ronaldo runs and handles the ball like Ronaldo. Weight and momentum really matter. I have been able to fake out defenders with just the left stick. I get them moving one way and sometimes I ca cut it back and they stumble, leaving me in the clear. The living worlds presentation really works. I am playing as the US v Mexico at home. The crowd started swelling as I got clear to shoot. After I scored they went nuts. The best part was the replay of the goal. As it was going in, the crowd started putting their arms in the air and standing up. They started standing at different times, not really laggy but not all at once. It really is a great effort from EA on this one. Mkre later. Its time for the second half.
Old 11-15-2013, 03:38 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 8
I wasn't expecting a whole lot out of this besides a solid game with minor visual upgrades. I had watched the videos coming out and wasn't too impressed by them. After getting some time with it, I was very pleasantly surprised. The bigger clubs with recognizable players are spot on and everything looks very polished. It plays a little differently than current gen and the shooting mechanics seem to be much more apparent. I have really enjoyed my couple games so far and think it is a very good upgrade on what they already had in current gen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2013, 03:56 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 10
Only played it for a few minutes at Best Buy. Absolutely loved it. Best way to describe it is "smooth". Really looking forward to playing this game, in fact I'm heading home right now to fire up the new console!
Old 11-15-2013, 04:03 PM   #7
Rookie

Bp2 Triz's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: FIFA Soccer 14 Next-Gen (PS4) Impressions

all the menus are in spanish and i cannot figure out how to change it.. all i did was put the game in to install it.. anyone else have this problem?
Buckeyes
Old 11-15-2013, 05:37 PM   #8
Rookie

eaw913's Arena

OVR: 1
Bp2 Triz, somehow when it opened you selected Spanish. Are your PS4 menus in Spanish also, or just the game itself?

And man, as far as impressions. This game (in my opinion) blows away current gen. It is smooth, fun, and looks stunning. If you put it on a TV in a bar no one would notice it was a video game. Loving it quite a bit so far.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »