Home

FIFA Soccer 14 Next-Gen (PS4) Impressions

This is a discussion on FIFA Soccer 14 Next-Gen (PS4) Impressions within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-16-2013, 03:21 PM   #17
Pro

bubba4's Arena

OVR: 6
@Bronk_Bonin... This is a practice and tutorial mode. It is well done and pretty easy to get the controls down. Of the 3 sports titles I have on next gen, I rank them 1)NBA 2K14 2)Fifa 14 3)Madden 25.
Fifa 14 is a pretty darn good launch title.
Old 11-16-2013, 03:24 PM   #18
Rookie

Chronic Narnia's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA Soccer 14 Next-Gen (PS4) Impressions

still this is disappointing...i thought it was a full version of FIFA...

they stripped out all game modes except play now, ultimate team, coach/player mode, and online.

where's "PLAY A SEASON", OR "CREATE A TOURNAMENT/LEAGUE"???
Old 11-16-2013, 03:47 PM   #19
Pro

OVR: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronic Narnia
still this is disappointing...i thought it was a full version of FIFA...

they stripped out all game modes except play now, ultimate team, coach/player mode, and online.

where's "PLAY A SEASON", OR "CREATE A TOURNAMENT/LEAGUE"???
If this is confirmed then I'll be sticking to Current Gen. Single Season Tournaments are all I play. Didn't EA make a point of saying that their next gen games will carry ALL the features of current gen?
Old 11-16-2013, 03:48 PM   #20
All Star

OVR: 20

Great game. CPU teammates finally help you, momentum is much more important, atmosphere is great, air game is much improved.
Old 11-16-2013, 04:04 PM   #21
Pro

OVR: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazraz
If this is confirmed then I'll be sticking to Current Gen. Single Season Tournaments are all I play. Didn't EA make a point of saying that their next gen games will carry ALL the features of current gen?
I guess this is confirmed as others are making the same complaint on EA's FIFA Forum.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2013, 05:37 PM   #22
Rookie

The Tarheel's Arena

OVR: 6
Game runs smooth as silk, and I love the way players feel like they have momentum in their movement. Defenders can't easily snap back to you if you make a move on the ball, and I love the way the ball moves in the air on shots.
Old 11-16-2013, 10:16 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 0

I've been critical of EA the past 2 years as I didn't like FIFA 13/14 on PS3/360, but I do love this game on PS4. I've been having a blast with this, as I've been broadcasting my Napoli career as people are watching. Game play has been improved all around, and defenders actually play defense. You cannot take Ronaldo and expect to do 30 tricks and run past the other team and score, passing is key in this.

Passing is much improved, as the ball doesn't have that bouncing feel to it that it did on last gen, ball is much more realistic now.

Power shots look like power shots, as I took one the first time I said wow, because on last gen, I didn't see power shots look like they do on here.

AI is much, much smarter, in every aspect. Marking players, moving into space, covering gaps, just working as a team all together.

Playing FIFA games for a long time, this is the best one yet.
Old 11-16-2013, 11:38 PM   #24
All Star

poster's Arena

OVR: 23

Presentation is awesome. Reminds me of The Show as they have real time scenes during the match with a broadcast feel. Really well done. If they keep building and honing this area, they can do some awesome things. Replays look great, very broadcast like.

On the Dynamic cam all the way zoomed in, I can play defense the best. Nice 15 min matches with a great pace and feel. Getting out possessed by the CPU, but my passing is bad!

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »