Home

NBA Live 14 Gameplay Videos - Los Angeles Clippers vs. Phoenix Suns (PS4)

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Gameplay Videos - Los Angeles Clippers vs. Phoenix Suns (PS4) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-16-2013, 03:23 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: NBA Live 14 Gameplay (Suns vs. Clippers)

These vids make the game look a little better since the guy knows how to play. I still don't see this as a next gen $65 game though. I like the espn overlays, and I like JVG as a commentator. They just have to make the commentary sound more fluid and get rid of the odd pauses. I'd buy this if it were on the ps3 though.
Old 11-16-2013, 03:40 PM   #10
Pro

CookNBA03's Arena

OVR: 0

Those player tendencies though...Dragic
Old 11-16-2013, 03:43 PM   #11
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fist Of Kings
These vids make the game look a little better since the guy knows how to play. I still don't see this as a next gen $65 game though. I like the espn overlays, and I like JVG as a commentator. They just have to make the commentary sound more fluid and get rid of the odd pauses. I'd buy this if it were on the ps3 though.
Not even trying to be funny here, but I would have too...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2013, 03:53 PM   #12
Rookie

manustyle90's Arena

OVR: 1

i must say that this is one of best, if not the best, presentation for a basketball game i've ever seen
Old 11-16-2013, 03:54 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 3

Its like underneath everything, the game plays technical sound brand of basketball. The players do what they should do on the play. I love that when the defense sags off the ball, the ball handler looks for the open shot. NOW the bad... The layers on top of core is so basic.

Graphics - They are really bad, the textures are bland, lack of graphical detail everywhere. And maybe its just me, but something its off around the feet of players, like they have no shadow. They need a huge overhaul in the graphics dept. in general

Movement - Its seems to be very herky jerky. Dribbling looks good, but its like they have no collision animations. The game detects contact, but it cant show it. They players drive and draw contact, but they do nothing to move with the ball once contact has been drawn. Its like they just fall, they dont move to still get the shot off. TONS of animations need to be captured for next year. The sped up animations has to go, if it aint smooth dont put it in the game. Maybe its the way the capture them, but EA has to sit down as a company and get rid of that since they all use the same ignite engine. Dunks are horrible to, if i see a Shaq like two handed dunk one more time. Its like Shaq was brought in to do motion capturing. I could go on but why bother, we all have eyes. Its Inside Drive stiff. but that game was 2001, not 2013.

Presentation - Its very good. They have to streamline the halftime show. Its to clunky. You dont need multiple categories to show highlights of both teams, both coaches, leading scorers. We need 2k5ish virtual studio Jalen on set giving info. Next year maybe?
Old 11-16-2013, 04:01 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by headsteez
Its like underneath everything, the game plays technical sound brand of basketball. The players do what they should do on the play. I love that when the defense sags off the ball, the ball handler looks for the open shot. NOW the bad... The layers on top of core is so basic.
Synergy DNA, my friend. Once there is some DNA implemented, the players will act even more like their real-life counterparts and it won't be so basic.

Last edited by fluent2332; 11-16-2013 at 04:18 PM.
Old 11-16-2013, 04:15 PM   #15
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluent2332
Synergy DNA, my friend. Once there is some DNA implemented, the players will act even more like their real-life counterparts and it won't be so basic.

I see what you're saying, though. I watched a few videos of 2K CPU vs. CPU and the difference is night and day. At times that game got extremely sloppy with horrible spacing and players making absolutely no sense with their movements. I will take a basic, sound gameplay over something that makes no sense or is overly complex and broken.

Not bashing 2K either because I like their game, but you can tell that Live is built completely differently, which is a great thing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2013, 04:18 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 9

My bad. I will edit my post.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »