Home

Draft Day Sports: College Basketball 2

This is a discussion on Draft Day Sports: College Basketball 2 within the Other Basketball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-20-2013, 06:47 AM   #17
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by kisstopher5
Funny this was just posted as today they announced they are getting set to release a new version later this month!
Yea I was just about to post about that.

"With college hoops season in full swing we're very excited to announce that we are releasing a brand new version of our hit series Draft Day Sports: College Basketball. DDS:CB3 will feature a host of new additions such as international recruits, new conference alignments, improvements and changes in recruiting tactics, improved game AI and a brand new, rebuilt from the ground up UI which now requires a minimum resolution of 1280x768 offering much more screen real estate."

"Also because this title was not announced while CB2 was still being sold for full price if you did buy DDS:CB2 on or after October 1, 2013 and you want in on the beta we will be happy to allow you to trade in your CB2 license for a CB3 one."

Last edited by Jukeman; 11-20-2013 at 06:54 AM.
Old 11-28-2013, 12:04 AM   #18
Rookie

Kingfish's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Draft Day Sports: College Basketball 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by grismosw
I actually prefer FBCB 2, which with all the updates is pretty much FBCB 3 at this point. The interface isn't as pretty but it is more effective and gameplay is more stable and streamlined. As well it is easier to customize the league, case in point there are mods for older year formats, D2, D3 and a mega mod combining D1, 2, and 3.
Anyone else got any thoughts on this? Not wanting to derail the reason for this post but, it seemed to make more sense to ask here than start a new thread.

I am in the market to buy a college BB game. I played the wheels off the original FBCB back in 2003-04...but I like some of the features they talk about in DDS:CB2. With the new one coming out, I can get that with a 15% discount right now so, for $29, I am leaning towards DDS:CB3.

So I am wondering if anyone has played both series and could give some insight on them?
Old 11-28-2013, 11:15 AM   #19
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingfish
Anyone else got any thoughts on this? Not wanting to derail the reason for this post but, it seemed to make more sense to ask here than start a new thread.

I am in the market to buy a college BB game. I played the wheels off the original FBCB back in 2003-04...but I like some of the features they talk about in DDS:CB2. With the new one coming out, I can get that with a 15% discount right now so, for $29, I am leaning towards DDS:CB3.

So I am wondering if anyone has played both series and could give some insight on them?
FBCB2 Is easier to mod and a lil more stable but that's expected as CB2 is more in depth.

You can't go wrong with either but both games serves its purposes. If you want a simple quick sim, then go with FBCB2. If you want something more in depth and focus on a career then go with CB3. (I don't know how stable the new game will be compared to CB2)

As for company, Greydog is a lil more active in customer service than Wolverine Studios.

FBCB2 has been out for some years but have gotten a good amount of updates. The last update from CB2 was maybe last year and if it wasn't for the new upcoming release of CB3, I doubt DDS College Basketball would have gotten another update.

But to be fair, it seems the DDS College basketball series are getting released with a new version every 2 years. Vs FBCB which haven't had a new version since 2010.

Last edited by Jukeman; 11-28-2013 at 11:25 AM.
Old 11-28-2013, 05:47 PM   #20
Rookie

Kingfish's Arena

Thanks for the response! That was exactly what I was looking for...I am strongly leaning toward CB3.

EDIT: CB3 Beta is released and I pulled the trigger on it! So I get the frustration of early access testing...yeah!

Last edited by Kingfish; 11-28-2013 at 10:19 PM.
Old 11-28-2013, 06:01 PM   #21
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingfish
Thanks for the response! That was exactly what I was looking for...I am strongly leaning toward CB3.

I wonder how long it'll be until its "early access release"...the website said late November. But, you can't get much later in November than right now.
Actually I believe the beta just went live.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2013, 10:22 PM   #22
Rookie

Kingfish's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukeman
Actually I believe the beta just went live.
Yup Good stuff!

Just grabbed it...

I wonder if the old logos/courts +data file from CB2 would work with the new game, hummm...
Old 01-11-2014, 11:51 PM   #23
Pro

jmaj315's Arena

OVR: 2
Im really interested in this. I have a burning desire to be a college coach at some point in my life. Ever since I was 6 or 7.
Too bad i have only Macs in my house now

Anybody have any links to gameplay vids so i can compare version 2 to 3?
Old 01-13-2014, 02:50 AM   #24
Hall of Fame

JohnDoe8865's Arena

OVR: 59

Anyone playing DD CB3 yet?

NFL - Carolina Panthers
NBA - Charlotte Hornets
MLB - Cincinnati Reds
College Basketball - Wake Forest
NCAA Football - Appalachian State

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games »