Home

Sean O'Brien Issues Apology for NBA Live's Quality, Promises Improvements

This is a discussion on Sean O'Brien Issues Apology for NBA Live's Quality, Promises Improvements within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-22-2013, 06:13 PM   #9
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: Sean O'Brien Issues Apology for NBA Live's Quality, Promises Improvements

SMH.

How about refund those beta testers who paid $60 and went out and bought the game.

If the game wasn't worth $60, they shouldn't have released it just to release it.

They don't deserve any type of props for this statement when they sat quiet for 3 full years and made no attempt to reach out to the gaming community for feedback.

Unreal.
Old 11-22-2013, 06:20 PM   #10
Rookie

Scribe1980's Arena

OVR: 5
Location: The oldest minor league hockey town in North America
No letting EA skate here. Sorry. Owning up? Are you kidding me?

Hasn't released in FOUR years, still find a way to massively screw it up. Zero kudos. Tough. Only reason they even addressed it was because (surprise!) -- there is competition.

I might be turning into a crusty old man but you kids are way too forgiving.
Old 11-22-2013, 06:22 PM   #11
Banned

Klayups's Arena

OVR: 0

I have been in the industry and I completely understand how these things go. It's "Business" but @bigeastbumrush is right if you make a game these days you can use the community as a resource. More than just to show off your work or "community events" to get props or vitriol (if warranted).

The GOOD news is i think/*hope* this will be done going forward. I always felt like the SCEA team that works on The Show does this perfectly.

It doesn't take much to do this someone just has to do it, and it starts Top down by not being "The company that makes the game so shut up" but by being the company that loves its consumers, loves basketball and wants to do the best they can with the available resources with the most realistic transparency.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2013, 06:23 PM   #12
MVP

oldman's Arena

OVR: 17
This is bogus. They knew the game was going to be garbage, that is why they didn't release any gameplay footage. Had they came out and said this two weeks ago and told people the game they would be releasing wouldn't be a final product I would feel different, but doing this now after they obviously knew it was going to be garbage is too little too late.
Old 11-22-2013, 06:23 PM   #13
Rookie

spike83's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush
SMH.

How about refund those beta testers who paid $60 and went out and bought the game.

If the game wasn't worth $60, they shouldn't have released it just to release it.

They don't deserve any type of props for this statement when they sat quiet for 3 full years and made no attempt to reach out to the gaming community for feedback.

Unreal.

Sorry, but EA's apology means nothing. A good start would be to offer a full or even partial refund to the people who bought the game and are not satisfied...
Old 11-22-2013, 06:26 PM   #14
Rookie

Nexgenrulz's Arena

OVR: 2
I guess the 3+ years they had to make improvements wasn't enough.
Old 11-22-2013, 06:48 PM   #15
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41
Wow! Well done here EA. Now let's deliver on that and we'll see what happens.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2013, 06:48 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 19
ok. They obviously knew that they had a subpar game being released. Ive never heard of graphics being patched. This leads me to believe that the game, graphics wise, was never ready in the first place. To just say they are going to patch graphics within the next few months, means that they were working on the graphics all along, and they just werent ready by the deadline.

The harm has already been done. To really save face and cut loses they need to release a patch before the Christmas holiday. Other than that, it will be wait till next year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »