Home

NBA 2K14 Review (PS4/XBox One)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 Review (PS4/XBox One) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-24-2013, 11:08 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
NBA 2K14 Review (PS4/XBox One)

Next-gen basketball is here, to (mostly) good results.

It’s tough to have any expectations coming into this new generation of consoles. Seven years ago we all had high expectations, and for sports gamers, it turned out to be arguably the biggest let down in the history of sports gaming. But this time it truly is different.

NBA 2K14, with its flaws, is ushering in a new generation of sports games.

But even more importantly, a sports game – yes, a sports game – is ushering the entire generation with graphics that can truly be considered next-gen. But a game isn’t defined by only what you see, as NBA 2K14 is also quick to let you know.

Read More - NBA 2K14 Review (PS4/XBox One)
Platform: PS4 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-24-2013, 11:30 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Best looking console game is what I assume you mean.
Old 11-24-2013, 12:15 PM   #3
Mid-Range Mamba

iceberg760's Arena

OVR: 7
Yes, game looks great...game play is tight....enjoying my 1st few days on the xbox one
Old 11-24-2013, 12:53 PM   #4
Banned

I think the VC thing extends to the park as well.. they are trying to sell overpriced VC clothes and looking for even more potential microtransactions, instead of a mode long desired by the fans like 2K11 style crew where VC may be harder to implement. I thought the park sounded like a bad idea from the start but hopefully they can make it at least playable soon. I don't think it's fair to blame PS4 for the online at all, all my other games run online fine.

Running plays is pretty glitched too, you have to use 76ers playbook just to customize (thankfully you can at all though) but on the negative there have been a few times I've had to call plays multiple times because my guys will just stand there and not run it. Same with calling standard screens too although that glitch happens slightly less.

Hopefully they get some of it worked out, the game looks and plays pretty well
Old 11-24-2013, 02:03 PM   #5
MVP

you can play mycareer and mygm offline just fine....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-24-2013, 02:44 PM   #6
Rookie

Hit online on the spot. I hate playing against the A.I and if this game didn't play as well as it did I would probably not play it at all offline. I will say that the few games I was able to play online were pretty much lag free. They almost felt like offline games. Get working on those servers 2k.
Old 11-24-2013, 03:43 PM   #7
Pro

I'm a little disappointed this review didn't touch on the lack of 30 team control or trade logic in mygm. As a sim gamer I want the rosters to be as accurate as possible the first season especially so I always control all the teams. I've been waiting for this review to decide on whether to purchase 2K14 on current or next gen and it wasn't the help I was hoping it would be. I've heard the trade logic is pretty bad so it's looking like I gotta stick with current gen to get the experience I want.
Old 11-24-2013, 03:43 PM   #8
Pro

JustSteve's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: NBA 2K14 Review (PS4/XBox One)

I'm really surprised there was no mention of the online roster fiasco. This was a really bad design decision. You have to upload your rosters and then you have to download them before every game. No good. It's especially bad for a team like the Suns that have four wrong players on the team including a starter.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »