Home

NBA Live 14 Review (PS4/XB1)

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Review (PS4/XB1) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-25-2013, 01:55 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 48
EA had a plan! And that plan was for "US" bball consumers to be BETA testers for NBA LIVE 15; but we pay EA $60 membership fee! LOL
I tried the DEMO, and I say tried! No matter how much problems 2k14 may have right now; NBA 2K14 is a much better, " better" experience than LIVE 14, right now! I am a sim head, and I couldn't believe the things going on in this game! (too many to list)
It's quite frightening that EA would release this game; when they had cancelled the two others prior to this release! The cancelations were sited on; " the game isn't ready, yet"!
News FLASH, this game is in its ALPHA stage! Not even a close to being finished; but the investors must have made a push for this game to come out on Next gen, and not current! The game is only 9 gigs, which would have been perfect for current gen; with 1.9 gigs download of that HD Content stuff!
EA was really reaching for something, and missed; and now they are falling fast with their LIVE series, and there isn't much they can do! Not even an "Apology" can help this train wreck!
IMO, 3.5 is much too high of a score! Something in the low 2's may be more deserving! c'mon son; this is next gen!
cheers
Old 11-25-2013, 02:13 PM   #18
Pro

OVR: 14
Re: NBA Live 14 Review (PS4/XB1)

I know about five OS users who had this reaction to Jason's review.
Old 11-25-2013, 02:18 PM   #19
dtq
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by convince
I know about five OS users who had this reaction to Jason's review.
Three of which are EA planted shills.
Old 11-25-2013, 02:24 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
I know EA is like "thank god for Bleacher Report"

Apparently Bleacher Report is as terrible a site for basketball analysis and it is for basketball game reviews.

Not surprised at all.
Old 11-25-2013, 02:29 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
Countdown to zealots coming into discredit THIS review. Wow! Well, let me stave them off for a little bit while they are in their war room prepping the counter attack:

OS is just so biased! They don't play sports games. When they play, they don't play sim. They hate EA. 2K is paying them money. They care more about graphics than gameplay. Live is too much for the simpletons to handle. We need competition just to keep EA afloat...

Did I cover it all? Let's see how many have the stones to call out someone here that can defend themselves...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Boiler, you were MUCH too generous regarding your impressions of Bounce-tek at E3. It's straight up terrible. The OS review says it best-- it feels like a bunch of mocaps slapped together with no fluidity. It's actually one of the worst parts of the game. Its only redeeming feature is watching some semi nice animations when you do manage to wrestle it into doing what you want to get by a defender.

And the no-warping real ball physics is practically a lie too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2013, 03:14 PM   #22
Pro

OVR: 4

Spot on review. I played this game over the weekend with my son. And he said and I quote. "This is a BOOTLEG game. This game looks and plays like PS2". He also said that he liked the ESPN overlays and he also liked the net. But that was it.

He's 12. We were laughing so hard playing it. Good times.
Old 11-25-2013, 03:16 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 2
I just hope EA can take the time and put the effort into it, NBA2k on the Dreamcast was a good game when it first come out, but it was no where near what NBA2k2 on the Dreamcast become, or what NBA2k14 is now, I just hope EA builds on so we can have some competition in the future, sports games as a whole in general needs it, not just basketball.

But nice review, I like that you added to what online is like, most leave that info out. Also wanted to add that I tried looking for this game at my local Walmart, they don't stock it, I looked at my local Family Video, they don't stock it either. I'm sure the sales numbers are going to be bad, and the rental numbers & rental sales will be even worse. I would of still liked to rented the game just to try it hands on no matter what the review says.
Old 11-25-2013, 03:36 PM   #24
MVP

Brian_OS's Arena

OVR: 14
Bleacher Report -

Overall

Is the NBA Live series ready to regain its spot atop the virtual basketball world? No, it isn't, but the foundation has finally been laid to build the game to an elite level—no pun intended.

If the player models and animation can catch up to some of the mode innovation and presentation, this series could be great again. Here's a look at the PlayStation 4 version of the game by the numbers.

Graphics and Animation: 6.75

Gameplay and Realism: 7.75

Sound and Presentation: 9

Game Modes and Options: 8

Overall: 7.8

Have no idea what this guy is smoking.....

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »