Home

Sound off: Who Should LA Surround Kobe With the Next Two Years?

This is a discussion on Sound off: Who Should LA Surround Kobe With the Next Two Years? within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-25-2013, 09:54 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Dirty dishes... so he'll have something to clean with all the scrubs around him.
Old 11-25-2013, 09:54 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 18
Re: Sound off: Who Should LA Surround Kobe With the Next Two Years?

Lakers only overpaid by 10 million a year. Crazy.
Old 11-25-2013, 09:58 PM   #19
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by StankonYa
Well I got the answer to ''if Kobe would take a pay cut'' which I asked myself and others towards the end of last season.

Isiah T. at point would be nice,anyone else I'm going to have to think about it some more. I truly hope Kobe still takes some kind of pay cut during our recruiting phaze.
You can't restructure contracts in the NBA. He's getting all his for the next two years bruh.
Old 11-26-2013, 12:03 AM   #20
Forever A Legend

24's Arena

OVR: 22

From a Revenue Standpoint the deal makes sense. The amount of Money Kobe generates for the Lakers is absurd. His value to the team is probably triple of what his contract is paying him. He brings in sellout crowds night after night. He'll be worth the money at least in terms of a business decision.

Am I happy that he took that much? Of Course not. I wouldn't say it financially cripples them (Because they have enough for a Max contract) but it's not the greatest deal for a team that's trying to win now.

Gasol is gone after this year. The only other player I could really see coming back from this years roster outside of Nash and Sacre is Jordan Hill. If you can get him for cheap I say go for it. He has shown that he is clearly worthy of being a starting center. They aren't getting Lebron and Melo does not fit with this team. Kevin Love is a possibility the following off season but you can't put all your eggs in one basket.

I have honestly no clue who the Lakers will surround Kobe with. I'm not expecting them to win a title for at least the rest of Kobe's career especially with this contract. I am happy though that He will retire as a Laker but it will be a shame that LA can't get him a sixth ring. Something that I don't understand is why he wouldn't take less money? He's played 17 Years in the league and between that and endorsements He's probably loaded. I'm not asking for him to have taken the Minimum but couldn't you pull a Tim Duncan and take 10 Million? I just don't get it, you clearly want to win another title. Less money taken = more money available for team to sign better players.

Old 11-26-2013, 12:37 AM   #21
Pro

OVR: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by 24
From a Revenue Standpoint the deal makes sense. The amount of Money Kobe generates for the Lakers is absurd. His value to the team is probably triple of what his contract is paying him. He brings in sellout crowds night after night. He'll be worth the money at least in terms of a business decision.

Am I happy that he took that much? Of Course not. I wouldn't say it financially cripples them (Because they have enough for a Max contract) but it's not the greatest deal for a team that's trying to win now.

Gasol is gone after this year. The only other player I could really see coming back from this years roster outside of Nash and Sacre is Jordan Hill. If you can get him for cheap I say go for it. He has shown that he is clearly worthy of being a starting center. They aren't getting Lebron and Melo does not fit with this team. Kevin Love is a possibility the following off season but you can't put all your eggs in one basket.

I have honestly no clue who the Lakers will surround Kobe with. I'm not expecting them to win a title for at least the rest of Kobe's career especially with this contract. I am happy though that He will retire as a Laker but it will be a shame that LA can't get him a sixth ring. Something that I don't understand is why he wouldn't take less money? He's played 17 Years in the league and between that and endorsements He's probably loaded. I'm not asking for him to have taken the Minimum but couldn't you pull a Tim Duncan and take 10 Million? I just don't get it, you clearly want to win another title. Less money taken = more money available for team to sign better players.
We'll said at the end.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2013, 01:56 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 3
All I've wanted to see is Kevin Love in a Lakers jersey, since he left UCLA.
Old 11-26-2013, 03:14 AM   #23
MVP

OVR: 19
next year you bring in Carmello!! and Eric Bledsoe as a pg, plus theyll get a good draft pick.
in 2015 you bring in Anthony Davis as a PF.
Brook Lopez or Roy Hibbert as a big man.

in 2015/16 you can have a starting line up of

Eric Bledsoe
Kobe Bryant
Carmello Anthony
Anothony Davis
and Brook LOpez or Roy Hibbert.
Old 11-26-2013, 04:43 AM   #24
Rookie

Peninc's Arena

OVR: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by 24

The Lakers organisation offered Kobe the contract. He merely accepted and signed the dotted line. The organisation is one of the smartest in basketball. Mitch Kupchak knows what he is doing. Furthermore I personally think its one of the few examples of loyalty that you will find in modern sports. Only a few franchises would ever do this. San Antonio with Duncan maybe. But back to the question...I'm not sure who they could surround Kobe with but I think Greg Monroe would be a good fit and for some reason I can almost foretell that Kyrie Irving will eventually become a Laker.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »