Home

Operation Sports - Press Row Podcast: NBA Live 14 Critical Analysis

This is a discussion on Operation Sports - Press Row Podcast: NBA Live 14 Critical Analysis within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-26-2013, 04:18 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Operation Sports - Press Row Podcast: NBA Live 14 Critical Analysis

The 58th episode of the Press Row Podcast features a critical analysis of NBA Live 14, perhaps the most fascinating sports game story of 2013. The show is a combination of two events – a Press Row Hangout from the night that NBA Live officially launched as well as a follow-up conversation of the Xbox One Launch Press Row Hangout. The first (and longer) section features host Rich Grisham along with PastaPadre’s Bryan Wiedey, ThatSportsGamer.com’s TJ Lauerman, and The Gaming Tailgate’s Chris Jacobs. The second segment, which takes place after EA’s “apology” of sorts for the launch state of the game, features Owen Good and Chris Sanner along with Rich and Bryan.

Joining us this week:Send us your feedback! We love to hear from you and can’t wait to read your stuff on the air in a future episode. Do it one of these ways:

1) Follow the show on Twitter at @PressRowPodcast and send us some Tweets while you’re there
2) Email the show at [email protected]
3) Respond to this post

Also, the Press Row Podcast is now available on iTunes (https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...ow/id563624090) and Stitcher Radio (http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/oper...ss-row-podcast), so subscribe to it and rate it too!

Lastly, be sure to check out our friends at Weekend Confirmed right here: http://www.shacknews.com/tag/weekend-confirmed. If you’re not already a listener, give it a shot. We’re all big fans!

Enjoy the show!

Run Time: 1 Hour, 50 Minutes

If you can't view or listen to the embedded player below, please click here.

Platform: PS4 / Xbox One
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2013, 09:26 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 48
EA, flat out lied to US. SMH
Old 11-27-2013, 10:42 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUFFNREADY
Thank you..finally somebody kept it real. They flat out lied and now they
have dudes trying to defend it with lame excuses.
Old 11-27-2013, 11:08 AM   #4
Rookie

Tell the truth! This game is awful
A very dissapoint podcast
Old 11-27-2013, 11:23 AM   #5
Banned

Re: Operation Sports - Press Row Podcast: NBA Live 14 Critical Analysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUFFNREADY
how did they lie THIS TIME. dont confuse what they've said this time with what they've said in the past with say elite and that other live that never saw the light of day.

they over hyped elite, they over hyped a return after elite was cancelled. then got a 2nd cancellation. this game was not over hyped. you want proof?

you guys were crying about it right here on OS recently. "Why wont they talk about anything else but bounce tek."

bingo. they already knew bounce tek was their claim to fame. is the dribbling pretty slick? YEP. is bounce tek pretty sweet ? sure is.

what other parts of the game did they go crazy about? NON.

so can we please be honest about what EA did THIS TIME. dont use what they've done in the past with what they have done this time. people admitted they were humble this time minus the talk about bounce tek. they told us it was going to be a nice learning curve. they told us it was a "the more you play it and learn the controls the more you like it" thats also true. 90% of the hate parade is coming from people that never played it, never owned it and are going purely off of youtube vids and other people. and then there's the group that got the demo or the game. and played it a couple of times.. hated it early, then start playing 2k. and have been playing 2k ever since.
there are only a few people that have continued playing it. that still HATE IT. most of the people that keep playing say "well look. obviously its not 2k. but its not the worse thing on earth either. and it has a nice foundation to build on." this is pretty much a consensus among people who own the game and continue to plug away at it.

so how did EA LIE TO US? they didnt.... THIS TIME.

and lets just say for argument sake. say if they did LIE to us...THIS TIME. that would be them lying again after the past few times they have in the past. at some point isnt it shame on ME if i keep taking the word of a liar? just saying.

i got the game knowing good and well it was not going to be on 2k's level. i knew that going in. i went in looking for a foundation based on sim ball. i found one. thats it and thats all. now if they want to do a ton of updates this year. thats great. but i already knew the game wouldnt be on par with 2k until 2k15 or 16. i knew this because they told us after the elite debacle. that they(EA) never gives the devs more then a 9 month(or 1 years worth) game cycle to work on the game. so even though they had 3 years to get it together. they really didnt have 3 years. they had 9 months.

now if they truly had 3 years with the same devs. i would expect 2k levels improvements and anything less i would've been in here going ham about their game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2013, 11:55 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3
Its no point to explain kingpnp3. People around here act like EA forced them to buy Live this current gen. Its a product. If u don't like it, then don't buy it. Its not even like it's the only NBA game out there. EA never lied to me. They said it would be a 3 year plan, and its only the first year. Yes I know they use the 3 year plan before, but that was with a different Dev team. Its no harm to give it a chance. We used to have 3 or 4 NBA games every year. Do u want only 1 NBA game.
Old 11-27-2013, 12:05 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpnp3
how did they lie THIS TIME. dont confuse what they've said this time with what they've said in the past with say elite and that other live that never saw the light of day.

they over hyped elite, they over hyped a return after elite was cancelled. then got a 2nd cancellation. this game was not over hyped. you want proof?

you guys were crying about it right here on OS recently. "Why wont they talk about anything else but bounce tek."

bingo. they already knew bounce tek was their claim to fame. is the dribbling pretty slick? YEP. is bounce tek pretty sweet ? sure is.

so can we please be honest about what EA did THIS TIME. dont use what they've done in the past with what they have done this time. people admitted they were humble this time minus the talk about bounce tek. they told us it was going to be a nice learning curve. they told us it was a "the more you play it and learn the controls the more you like it" thats also true. 90% of the hate parade is coming from people that never played it, never owned it and are going purely off of youtube vids and other people. and then there's the group that got the demo or the game. and played it a couple of times.. hated it early, then start playing 2k. and have been playing 2k ever since.
there are only a few people that have continued playing it. that still HATE IT. most of the people that keep playing say "well look. obviously its not 2k. but its not the worse thing on earth either. and it has a nice foundation to build on." this is pretty much a consensus among people who own the game and continue to plug away at it.

and lets just say for argument sake. say if they did LIE to us...THIS TIME. that would be them lying again after the past few times they have in the past. at some point isnt it shame on ME if i keep taking the word of a liar? just saying.

i got the game knowing good and well it was not going to be on 2k's level. i knew that going in. i went in looking for a foundation based on sim ball. i found one. thats it and thats all. now if they want to do a ton of updates this year. thats great. but i already knew the game wouldnt be on par with 2k until 2k15 or 16. i knew this because they told us after the elite debacle. that they(EA) never gives the devs more then a 9 month(or 1 years worth) game cycle to work on the game. so even though they had 3 years to get it together. they really didnt have 3 years. they had 9 months.

now if they truly had 3 years with the same devs. i would expect 2k levels improvements and anything less i would've been in here going ham about their game.
Man you literally respond to every single post or thread on here that calls out EA Sport (where Live is concerened) for what they really are. Where do you have time to eat and sleep? Or are you one of the dev's and since the game is now out you have a lot of free time on your hands???

PSN = LordHveMercy08

XBL = Lord Hve Mercy

Add me now, because I don't like playing with little random 12 year olds.
Old 11-27-2013, 12:25 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpnp3

Your a joke

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »