Home

Operation Sports - Press Row Podcast: NBA Live 14 Critical Analysis

This is a discussion on Operation Sports - Press Row Podcast: NBA Live 14 Critical Analysis within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-27-2013, 12:39 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by LakersForLife
Your a joke
Instead of a personal attack (with 1/3 of the words used incorrectly), you should probably explain yourself... that post was pretty well reasoned.
Old 11-27-2013, 01:07 PM   #10
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Operation Sports - Press Row Podcast: NBA Live 14 Critical Analysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpnp3
bingo. they already knew bounce tek was their claim to fame. is the dribbling pretty slick? YEP. is bounce tek pretty sweet ? sure is.
I only want to correct one thing. And that's this. Bouncetek, again, is not even close to what it was hyped up to be. You know this.
Old 11-28-2013, 05:16 AM   #11
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
I only want to correct one thing. And that's this. Bouncetek, again, is not even close to what it was hyped up to be. You know this.
are you sure about that boiler? or do you not see it because most people don't know how to dribble well enough with the game to show off the moves and their effectiveness?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mNby6gXJKI

a long bounctek video. watch it all. don't worry about the face scanning stuff. just keep the discussion on bouncetek for the moment. where did they lie?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2013, 05:59 AM   #12
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
how did they lie THIS TIME. dont confuse what they've said this time with what they've said in the past with say elite and that other live that never saw the light of day.

they over hyped elite, they over hyped a return after elite was cancelled. then got a 2nd cancellation. this game was not over hyped. you want proof?

you guys were crying about it right here on OS recently. "Why wont they talk about anything else but bounce tek."

bingo. they already knew bounce tek was their claim to fame. is the dribbling pretty slick? YEP. is bounce tek pretty sweet ? sure is.

what other parts of the game did they go crazy about? NON.

so can we please be honest about what EA did THIS TIME. dont use what they've done in the past with what they have done this time. people admitted they were humble this time minus the talk about bounce tek. they told us it was going to be a nice learning curve. they told us it was a "the more you play it and learn the controls the more you like it" thats also true. 90% of the hate parade is coming from people that never played it, never owned it and are going purely off of youtube vids and other people. and then there's the group that got the demo or the game. and played it a couple of times.. hated it early, then start playing 2k. and have been playing 2k ever since.
there are only a few people that have continued playing it. that still HATE IT. most of the people that keep playing say "well look. obviously its not 2k. but its not the worse thing on earth either. and it has a nice foundation to build on." this is pretty much a consensus among people who own the game and continue to plug away at it.

so how did EA LIE TO US? they didnt.... THIS TIME.

and lets just say for argument sake. say if they did LIE to us...THIS TIME. that would be them lying again after the past few times they have in the past. at some point isnt it shame on ME if i keep taking the word of a liar? just saying.

i got the game knowing good and well it was not going to be on 2k's level. i knew that going in. i went in looking for a foundation based on sim ball. i found one. thats it and thats all. now if they want to do a ton of updates this year. thats great. but i already knew the game wouldnt be on par with 2k until 2k15 or 16. i knew this because they told us after the elite debacle. that they(EA) never gives the devs more then a 9 month(or 1 years worth) game cycle to work on the game. so even though they had 3 years to get it together. they really didnt have 3 years. they had 9 months.

now if they truly had 3 years with the same devs. i would expect 2k levels improvements and anything less i would've been in here going ham about their game.
I think his name is Prime he always talking good about EA live..you must be hm lol
Old 11-28-2013, 09:46 AM   #13
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
are you sure about that boiler? or do you not see it because most people don't know how to dribble well enough with the game to show off the moves and their effectiveness?

a long bounctek video. watch it all. don't worry about the face scanning stuff. just keep the discussion on bouncetek for the moment. where did they lie?
I am not saying they lie. They were careful not to. I will say the way marketing works, they say just enough to make people assume more than what is there, and sit back and let that momentum build. They do nothing to quell the exaggerated expectations. But they don't lie. They use sexy buzzwords that can mean everything to nothing. "Physics based" is the WORST EA marketing bull**** ever. As a man that knows his physics, I want to vomit whenever they start talking about physics in any of their games.

As for Bouncetek, what I'm saying is that the promise of the ball being a completely independent physical object on the bounce has been shown to be a farce. There are enough videos out there to prove that. The system is nice, but it's not groundbreaking. Pretty much what's been done before. Not to mention the tricks played to line the hands back up to the ball. You know what I'm talking about if you really pay attention.
Old 11-28-2013, 10:43 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 48
Quote:

@kingpnp3, thanks for bringing up that video! because it seems that EA pretty much focused all their resources on Bouncetek, and nothing else! The video clearly pointed out a blatant "LIE", for the release of LIVE 14; at the 8:01 point, "In terms of the Graphics; it Looks Amazing!". Please tell me what these guys were looking at? Because I have played the demo released on The XB1, and I do not see the same "amazing"; maybe for current gen! but not for Next gen.

So if they (EA) were really trying to bring something authentic to the table; why release LIVE 14 now, in it's "Pre-Alpha" state? Why not wait until next year! Instead of trying to sell an incomplete game to US?
2K may have their flaws and issues right now; but they have a solid foundation and we are looking at where their ceiling is for potential on Next gen. Live is still trying to find their foundation, imo; and telling people that the graphics are, "great, smooth, and this is better than anything we have seen before!!!". (LOL)

C'mon son
Let's face it; EA is still a year away from putting out a better looking product. (game core seems to be okay!)

The world we live in, is a visual world; and everybody looks at things (for the most part) at Face Value! If it looks good, then I buy it! (kinda thing); and there is no way of escaping that! The game looks out of place for a next gen title; and I think EA should have waited an extra year to bring LIVE back! I could have waited, because 2k had a game coming out; and that would have given people more time to crucify 2K, and their problems!

thanks for the vid.

Big Ups to Prime; stay real!

cheers
Old 11-28-2013, 02:38 PM   #15
Rookie

Listen lets stop the bickering. The gamer should never had came out. They had three years to fix the game. It looks like a PS2 game and the dudes on the podcast don't want to admit that. I didn't buy the game but played the demo but just because i didn't buy it does not mean they should put out something like this. they didn't put out an 5 on 5 demo cause they knew what they created was rubbish. They wanted to get as much money from sales then put out an apology. This is not a good game and i wasn't expecting it to be like 2k but geesh this looks like they hardly tried to advance this game. This is like an album being put out without a mix. Hence, EA didn't force anyone to buy it though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2013, 07:26 AM   #16
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUFFNREADY
@kingpnp3, thanks for bringing up that video! because it seems that EA pretty much focused all their resources on Bouncetek, and nothing else! The video clearly pointed out a blatant "LIE", for the release of LIVE 14; at the 8:01 point, "In terms of the Graphics; it Looks Amazing!". Please tell me what these guys were looking at? Because I have played the demo released on The XB1, and I do not see the same "amazing"; maybe for current gen! but not for Next gen.

So if they (EA) were really trying to bring something authentic to the table; why release LIVE 14 now, in it's "Pre-Alpha" state? Why not wait until next year! Instead of trying to sell an incomplete game to US?
2K may have their flaws and issues right now; but they have a solid foundation and we are looking at where their ceiling is for potential on Next gen. Live is still trying to find their foundation, imo; and telling people that the graphics are, "great, smooth, and this is better than anything we have seen before!!!". (LOL)

C'mon son
Let's face it; EA is still a year away from putting out a better looking product. (game core seems to be okay!)

The world we live in, is a visual world; and everybody looks at things (for the most part) at Face Value! If it looks good, then I buy it! (kinda thing); and there is no way of escaping that! The game looks out of place for a next gen title; and I think EA should have waited an extra year to bring LIVE back! I could have waited, because 2k had a game coming out; and that would have given people more time to crucify 2K, and their problems!

thanks for the vid.

Big Ups to Prime; stay real!

cheers
they never said the game looks amazing. the guy interviewing said it looks amazing and the ea guy said that people who have seen it said it looks great. that whole section at 8:01 is the feedback they got not what they said it looks like.

im not defending the graphics but you make it sound like ea said it was groundbreaking graphically. in any case thats the problem with a lot of games that they focus too much on visuals now and not enough on the rest of the game. im glad that ea is taking this approach over the madden 06 effort and i hope they will be able to continue in this direction with the series.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »