Home

Forza Motorsport 5 Review (XBox One)

This is a discussion on Forza Motorsport 5 Review (XBox One) within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-02-2013, 10:57 PM   #9
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41
For those that like the Drivatars, check the Forza friends list to add more names to your AI cars.
Old 12-02-2013, 11:03 PM   #10
MVP

oldman's Arena

OVR: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by 32
For those that like the Drivatars, check the Forza friends list to add more names to your AI cars.
You are right. Having a group of people that you can communicate with makes it more fun. You also get to see how people's drivatars perform on different tracks.
Old 12-03-2013, 12:42 AM   #11
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Forza Motorsport 5 Review (XBox One)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman
You are right. Having a group of people that you can communicate with makes it more fun. You also get to see how people's drivatars perform on different tracks.
I was only referring to the Drivatars and seeing the names above those cars. I don't really play online racing games.

Twitch: DirtyJerz32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
No longer shall you be referred to as DirtyJerz32, but simply BOSS -
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2013, 12:45 AM   #12
Pro

ItsOrangeBaby's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Forza Motorsport 5 Review (XBox One)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazraz
Negative critisism of Drivatars is crazy. If the game had been released with predictable AI it would of been slaughtered. Now it's not consistent enough?
You never can please everyone.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk
Old 12-03-2013, 05:06 AM   #13
MVP

CT Pitbull's Arena

OVR: 9
sounds like some ones drivatar probably wrecked the reviewer a few times...sour grapes? lol this is THE lowest score ive seen on the net for Forza 5 and I don't buy it. lack of tracks?? DLC just like any other game these days
Old 12-03-2013, 08:03 AM   #14
Banned

Goodydog's Arena

OVR: 1
"Horizon tried for a more silly, fun approach, while Forza 5 is trying to be serious. Whether someone wants a serious racing game is a matter of personal opinion, but that type of game just doesn’t seem to fit well."

First, let me apologize if I misunderstood your statement, but it seems that this review is predicated on a comparison to Horizon which would be erroneous. Forza never straddled the line between sim and arcade style, it has always been a sim (except for Horizon). I have purchased Forzas 1, 2, 4, & 5, and I can tell you that this is the best Forza gameplay-wise and visually. The addition of the Drivatar just puts the AI over the top (which means that criticizing Drivatar opponents for their errors is not a flaw in the programming, it is a matter of the real-world opponents on your friends list and elsewhere), and the damage modelling is incredible. The only drawback is the lack of tracks & cars (in comparison to its predecessors), and we all know that the tracks and the cars will be available for purchase (probably as soon as Christmas).

I know that this is a matter of opinion, but I am sure that this is the best sim-style racer on a console to date.
Old 12-03-2013, 08:13 AM   #15
Banned

Profit89's Arena

OVR: 8
Great write up. Nice review.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2013, 10:14 AM   #16
EA Sports' Equipment Guru

KANE699's Arena

OVR: 35
Came in solely to agree with Goodydog, Forza Horizon is an anomaly in the series being the only arcade racer they have made. The fact that it gets continuously mentioned in this review baffles me and makes me really wonder how much better this review could of been without accounting for a game that has no impact or relevance to Forza 5.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »