Home

UPDATE: Xbox One Available Now, While They Last (IN STOCK AGAIN)

This is a discussion on UPDATE: Xbox One Available Now, While They Last (IN STOCK AGAIN) within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-04-2013, 09:42 PM   #9
Pro

asu666's Arena

OVR: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdawg17
Crazy that it is still in stock 5 hours later...
I don't think they are selling well. The microsoft store had Day One units in stock from Monday Morning into Tuesday. Day One was a while ago. I saw my local Microsoft store still has Day One units in stock too.
Old 12-05-2013, 11:20 AM   #10
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: UPDATE: Xbox One Available Now, While They Last (IN STOCK AGAIN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by asu666
I don't think they are selling well. The microsoft store had Day One units in stock from Monday Morning into Tuesday. Day One was a while ago. I saw my local Microsoft store still has Day One units in stock too.
Multiple reports have shown that the XB1 dominated Black Friday with 31% of sales (with XB360 with 30%).
Early sales figures also indicate it's been a success.

I think Sony rules Europe and Japan, but in North America, XB1 has a very good chance of being THE console of choice again.
Old 12-05-2013, 01:49 PM   #11
MVP

bigdoc85's Arena

OVR: 22
But isn't the reason for XB1 dominating Black Friday sales the availability of units? I can't find a PS4 anywhere and the XB1 has been available -- even Amazon had them a couple of days go.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2013, 02:00 PM   #12
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdoc85
But isn't the reason for XB1 dominating Black Friday sales the availability of units? I can't find a PS4 anywhere and the XB1 has been available -- even Amazon had them a couple of days go.
When I picked up the One on release night - they had 14 available to just put on the floor, and on black Friday they had 21 available and only 8 people in line. Not single PS4 to be found anywhere -
Old 12-05-2013, 02:04 PM   #13
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

We have over 50 units left at my job for 479.
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 12-05-2013, 02:52 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34

I wonder if Microsoft just was able to produce more systems is the reason we are seeing more??

Sent from my iPhone
Old 12-05-2013, 02:55 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdoc85
I'm sure that has a lot to do with it.
But that wasn't really my point. asu666 stated it wasn't selling well, when clearly that's not the case.
Regardless if there are units to buy, the fact remains it sold over a million units in 24 hours and continued to sell many more afterward.

Just like the XB1 winning Black Friday might be because there weren't as many PS4's available, the same case could be made that maybe there's a lot of available XB1's because MS manufactured a lot more than Sony did theirs.

If Sony had made sure 10M PS4's were available at launch, I bet you'd find a lot of PS4's sitting on shelves as well.

I really don't have a dog in this fight. I'm not buying next-gen till next Summer.
And I've purchased both consoles all the way back to the PS1 and Xbox days.
Right now, if I was forced to purchase only 1 console, I'm leaning slightly towards XB1, but it's by a hair.
I could very well end up buying a PS4.

I just think it's erroneous to suggest that the XB1 is not selling well. The facts and figures available at this time prove that's a false statement.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2013, 03:35 PM   #16
MVP

Dogslax41's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
I'm sure that has a lot to do with it.
But that wasn't really my point. asu666 stated it wasn't selling well, when clearly that's not the case.
Regardless if there are units to buy, the fact remains it sold over a million units in 24 hours and continued to sell many more afterward.

Just like the XB1 winning Black Friday might be because there weren't as many PS4's available, the same case could be made that maybe there's a lot of available XB1's because MS manufactured a lot more than Sony did theirs.

If Sony had made sure 10M PS4's were available at launch, I bet you'd find a lot of PS4's sitting on shelves as well.

I really don't have a dog in this fight. I'm not buying next-gen till next Summer.
And I've purchased both consoles all the way back to the PS1 and Xbox days.
Right now, if I was forced to purchase only 1 console, I'm leaning slightly towards XB1, but it's by a hair.
I could very well end up buying a PS4.

I just think it's erroneous to suggest that the XB1 is not selling well. The facts and figures available at this time prove that's a false statement.
The numbers seem to indicate that PS4 is outselling the Xbox One. The one million week one figure you quoted was from Xbox releasing in 13 countries. PS4 did that only releasing in US and Canada. Part of this could be due to what people are saying that retailers held back Xbox Ones for Black Friday, which was hinted might be a strategy and shows a successful on based on initial Black Friday numbers. But when Sony just released their 2.1M unit figure after releasing in Australia and Europe Microsoft responded by releasing stats about game time played and number of zombies killed, not with a sales number like they previously did.

Xbox One is selling well no doubt but the PS4 is just selling very well and I thinks why we are seeing more units available sooner than expected for one console and not the other.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »