Home

EA Sports Simulates MLS Cup Final on Next-Gen FIFA 14 - What's Your Predicition?

This is a discussion on EA Sports Simulates MLS Cup Final on Next-Gen FIFA 14 - What's Your Predicition? within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-05-2013, 01:59 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
EA Sports Simulates MLS Cup Final on Next-Gen FIFA 14 - What's Your Predicition?

The 2013 MLS Cup between Real Salt Lake and Sporting Kansas City takes place on Saturday, Dec. 7 at 4 p.m. ET on ESPN in Sporting Park in Kansas City. EA Sports has simmed the results in the press release below.

What's your prediction?

EA SPORTS FIFA 14 PREDICTS SPORTING KANSAS CITY TO WIN MLS CUP WITH 3-2 VICTORY OVER REAL SALT LAKE

Dom Dwyer Scores Another Game-Winning Goal to Clinch
Second MLS Cup for Kansas City

EA SPORTS™ today predicted that Sporting Kansas City will be victorious over Real Salt Lake in the MLS Cup Final. Utilizing the gameplay engine that drives FIFA 14 on next generation consoles, Xbox One and PlayStation®4, EA SPORTS was able to simulate MLS Cup 2013 under the same conditions the teams will face this Saturday, December 7 in Kansas City, Kansas. It was a furious finish, with clutch forward Dom Dwyer breaking a 2-2 tie in the 89th minute to clinch a 3-2 win for Sporting Kansas City, earning the team’s second MLS Cup.

Game Simulation Details:

Real Salt Lake midfielder Ned Grabavoy opened the scoring with a goal in the 18th minute and his team looked good to take a 1-0 lead into the second half until Sporting Kansas City midfielder Benny Feilhaber smashed an unassisted ball past goalkeeper Nick Rimando in the 45th minute. Coming out of the break, Real Salt Lake struck back in the 66th minute when Alvaro Saborio received a cross from midfielder Javier Morales and curled the ball past Kansas City goalkeeper Jimmy Nielsen.

Facing a 2-1 deficit with less than 10 minutes to play, Sporting Kansas City turned up the heat. In the 82nd minute, Feilhaber capitalized on a Salt Lake turnover and found a streaking Graham Zusi who rifled a top-corner goal past Rimando. The game looked to be headed to extra time until Dwyer, who scored the game-winning goal in the second leg of the Eastern Conference Championship for Kansas City, once again rose to the occasion, receiving a cross from Zusi and blasting the ball into the net in the 89th minute to clinch a 3-2 win for the home team.

Scoring Summary:
  • 18’ – Ned Grabavoy (Tony Beltran) - Real Salt Lake
  • 45’ – Benny Feilhaber (unassisted) - Sporting Kansas City
  • 66’- Alvaro Saborio (Javier Morales) - Real Salt Lake
  • 82’- Graham Zusi (Benny Feilhaber) - Sporting Kansas City
  • 89’- Dom Dwyer (Graham Zusi) - Sporting Kansas City
Platform: PS4 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2013, 02:45 PM   #2
Pro

asu666's Arena

OVR: 34
Sporting Kansas City is the first US team that offers a Premier League, big club feel. They have a great stadium, great atmosphere, a strong rivalry with Houston, and a team built on defense and skill play. For all of those reasons and more, I hope Sporting KC pulls out the victory.
Old 12-05-2013, 03:22 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 8
As a Cauldron member, I would love this to happen but might not live through the experience of an 89th minute title winning goal. To much stress.
Old 12-05-2013, 09:43 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by asu666
Sporting Kansas City is the first US team that offers a Premier League, big club feel. They have a great stadium, great atmosphere, a strong rivalry with Houston, and a team built on defense and skill play. For all of those reasons and more, I hope Sporting KC pulls out the victory.
Umm skc is not the first at all. Granted right now they have a great stadium and the fans are great now but the whole kc wiz era was awful. Also the first mls teams to have a european feel at the stadium was TFC when they came jnto the league. Sure teams like rbny, dc united, chicago fire have die hard fans and their supporter groups are great but tfc with their bmo field opening and that first game they had was great. Then came the likes of seattle sounders even with that ugly turf, their atmosphere now is great.

Obviously we can throw in there the Portland Timbers, even now Red Bull arena since the Red Bull are winning, they have tremendous atmosphere and a great stadium. Yes MLS has come a long way now its time to invest more money on the players and improve the quality on the field and then they will take off.

I too am rooting for skc because i dont like rsl and jason kriess. rSL are a very cheap team.
Old 12-06-2013, 10:45 AM   #5
Pro

asu666's Arena

OVR: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by S1ARk5
Umm skc is not the first at all. Granted right now they have a great stadium and the fans are great now but the whole kc wiz era was awful. Also the first mls teams to have a european feel at the stadium was TFC when they came jnto the league. Sure teams like rbny, dc united, chicago fire have die hard fans and their supporter groups are great but tfc with their bmo field opening and that first game they had was great. Then came the likes of seattle sounders even with that ugly turf, their atmosphere now is great.

Obviously we can throw in there the Portland Timbers, even now Red Bull arena since the Red Bull are winning, they have tremendous atmosphere and a great stadium. Yes MLS has come a long way now its time to invest more money on the players and improve the quality on the field and then they will take off.

I too am rooting for skc because i dont like rsl and jason kriess. rSL are a very cheap team.
TFC has a good thing going and teams like the Sounders have a great fan base, but for me, SKC is the first team I enjoy watching on television as much as some of the big Premier League clubs. I love the propose-built stadium, the haze hanging over the pitch as the game starts, etc. It just feels like a European match. The Sounders come close, but playing at Qwest Field, as nice as it is, reminds me the Sounders are another US team playing in an American football stadium.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2013, 01:00 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by asu666
TFC has a good thing going and teams like the Sounders have a great fan base, but for me, SKC is the first team I enjoy watching on television as much as some of the big Premier League clubs. I love the propose-built stadium, the haze hanging over the pitch as the game starts, etc. It just feels like a European match. The Sounders come close, but playing at Qwest Field, as nice as it is, reminds me the Sounders are another US team playing in an American football stadium.
I understand. Skc when playing at their home stadium which they are tomorrow is a fantatic sight on tv. I can also add that even though qwest field and the turf is far from ideal watching the sounders on tv is nice as well. Same with the timbers in portland and rbny at red bull arena. Once DC united get their stadium they will be fun to watch again and the new teams NYCFC and Orlando City will really add to the league quite a bit. MLS is no doubt heading i t he right direction. Now its time to bring in better players and see is league really take off.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »